No Good Deed...

Razors Edge

So, my neighbors moved to CO a while back, but sometimes they screw up and a package is sent to their old address next door. They can reroute it to us to send on to them or they can grab it from us when they are in town, so that works reasonably well.  Anyway, it happened on Friday, and I said I would send it via UPS on Saturday. So...I got up Saturday and eventually wandered over to the UPS store. As I was walking from my car to the store, I noticed a cab had just dropped off an older guy with a walker.  I passed him, but realized he was headed to the UPS store too, so I stopped and held the door for him. He thanked me, but got in line ahead of me. 

Anyway, he just had a box to ship, so the UPS person did the usual weigh, measure, ask about speed, song & dance.  As the old guy was paying with his CC, he pulls out a folder.  In the folder, is where the fun began.  Apparently, he had received something from eBay that was shipped UPS and the box was beaten up and parts were missing. He had photos and papers and a whole story.  The UPS guy was trying to calmly deal with him and sort out the claims process and how to initiate it, but that  wasn't working too well.  Me and a nice line were waiting patiently, but it didn't look like this was going to be resolved anytime soon.  Luckily, the UPS guy was able to use a different register to ring up my shipment in less than a minute and I was gone.

I would NOT be able to deal with the public as a job.