Cauliflower Pizza

I made my delicious cauliflower pizza for dinner the other day.  It is super easy and super tasty, and if you make extra, it is tasty as a side dish as well.

Basically, take a cauliflower and remove all the florets in bite size pieces. (Keep the stalk since that can be blended into a smoothie if you want.)

Thinly slice up a bunch of garlic - I use maybe 8 large cloves.  Heat some olive oil over med/high heat and toss in the garlic and the cauliflower to let them cook a little and brown slightly.  After that, you add tomato paste (1/2 a little can), a couple or three tablespoons of capers (drained), a pinch of dried pepper flakes, and some oregano (dried or chopped fresh) plus salt & pepper.  The tomato paste should be stirred in to coat the cauliflower and then all of it warmed up a bit.  Add about 1 1/2 cups of water to the mixture, and stir it all together.  It will be a soupy mix and as you heat it over med/high for the next 15-20 mins, the water cooks off and the flavors are absorbed into the cauliflower.  Add some more salt and pepper, and eventually, when the sauce is thickened (you want it thick not watery) and the cauliflower has softened, you are ready to add it to the pizza dough.

I use a one pound pizza dough I get at TJs but you could make your own I guess.  Spread the pizza dough to whatever shape you like, spread the cauliflower mixture onto it, add some shredded/torn mozzarella cheese and then also sprinkle a handful of raisins (2 tbsp or so) over the cheese and cauliflower.  Toss it into the oven and cook until it is lightly browned and cheese is melted (rotating midway through the cooking time).

IMG_7565.thumb.JPG.661e7a833c8672caa86f0e91c054b071.JPG

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Raisins and cauliflower on pizza?  I am not sure what to do with this information.  You had me until the raisins.  Then, I just figured you had lost your mind.

Raisins are GREAT in this dish.  The capers sort of balance them out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:21 PM, Razors Edge said:

I made my delicious cauliflower pizza for dinner the other day.  It is super easy and super tasty, and if you make extra, it is tasty as a side dish as well.

Basically, take a cauliflower and remove all the florets in bite size pieces. (Keep the stalk since that can be blended into a smoothie if you want.)

Thinly slice up a bunch of garlic - I use maybe 8 large cloves.  Heat some olive oil over med/high heat and toss in the garlic and the cauliflower to let them cook a little and brown slightly.  After that, you add tomato paste (1/2 a little can), a couple or three tablespoons of capers (drained), a pinch of dried pepper flakes, and some oregano (dried or chopped fresh) plus salt & pepper.  The tomato paste should be stirred in to coat the cauliflower and then all of it warmed up a bit.  Add about 1 1/2 cups of water to the mixture, and stir it all together.  It will be a soupy mix and as you heat it over med/high for the next 15-20 mins, the water cooks off and the flavors are absorbed into the cauliflower.  Add some more salt and pepper, and eventually, when the sauce is thickened (you want it thick not watery) and the cauliflower has softened, you are ready to add it to the pizza dough.

I use a one pound pizza dough I get at TJs but you could make your own I guess.  Spread the pizza dough to whatever shape you like, spread the cauliflower mixture onto it, add some shredded/torn mozzarella cheese and then also sprinkle a handful of raisins (2 tbsp or so) over the cheese and cauliflower.  Toss it into the oven and cook until it is lightly browned and cheese is melted (rotating midway through the cooking time).

IMG_7565.thumb.JPG.661e7a833c8672caa86f0e91c054b071.JPG

Is this the cauliflower pizza your spouse is trying to kill you with? It looks yummy.