Lance is 100% right

Randomguy

38 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have no idea what Lance’s natural HCT is. He’s clearly a gifted athlete, he won Worlds as a 23 year old (iirc), etc. But EPO, testosterone, cotisone, HGH, etc also clearly benefited him. He was spending close to/over $100,000 a year on doping, he himself knows the doping was helping. 

Yes, other elite riders also doped. But what I think was Postal did before anyone else was to systematically dope the entire squad, and evolve their doing strategy over time to avoid detection. This gave them the ability to shell the competitors even before Lance hit the high mountains. Often times they would stop their transfusion schedules mid-race, because the lead they had established was already insurmountable.

I remember reading it was a little on the low side (on the pro athlete scale).  Can't remember who it was on USPS, but one of the riders natural level was right near the limit.  I've read several reports that said he was naturally the clear cut number one, but introduce EPO, he becomes a domestic.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My sources say they were bought out by Woddy Smith?

Woody is a great guy.  He is like a son to Jim and Rhonda.  

Woody is listed as president.  Jim and Rhonda are listed as founders

https://www.bikemart.com/about/about-us-pg1957.htm

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Woody is a great guy.  He is like a son to Jim and Rhonda.  

Woody is listed as president.  Jim and Rhonda are listed as founders

https://www.bikemart.com/about/about-us-pg1957.htm

I find it incredibly gracious that he (Jim) allowed a competitor use the same “bike mart” name that his business was founded on.

9 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I find it incredibly gracious that he allowed a competitor use the same “bike mart” name that his business was founded on.

Are you talking about Mr. Hall?  My first bike came from the original Bike Mart owned by Mr. Hall in the 60s.  We lived on a street called Williams Way at the time.   In the 70s we had an LBS at the end of our street called the Wheel'r Deal'r and they carried tons of BMX stuff, and I could ride there and hang out, so that was my shop.  Road bikes and mountain bikes were not on my radar yet.

Once I discovered road biking in the mid 80s, I was hooked on Richardson Bike Mart and still shop there today.  Most of the other stores are gone, but this one that started in the 60s, changed hands in the 80s is still rocking.

17 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do I have the history backwards? I thought Hoyt allowed Hall to use the Bike Mart name despite his store also being (already) Bike Mart, but was it the other way around?

Yes.  Hall started the Bike Mart chain in the 60s.  Hoyt bought the Richardson location in 1980 and apparently is selling or has sold the Richardson Bike Mart chain to Woody Smith, who has wrenched on more than one of my bikes and sold me a bunch of stuff over the years.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Lance is 100% right. 

Except for the part that he didn’t encourage his teammates to dope. He pushed for a change in the team doctor who he felt wasn’t offering enough, referred some to his private doctor, and even paid for some of their drugs. I don’t believe he forced anyone to do it, some quit and left the team. But if you wanted to be on the tour team, the expectations were clear.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Except for the part that he didn’t encourage his teammates to dope. He pushed for a change in the team doctor who he felt wasn’t offering enough, referred some to his private doctor, and even paid for some of their drugs. I don’t believe he forced anyone to do it, some quit and left the team. But if you wanted to be on the tour team, the expectations were clear.

Lance is still lying about stuff. He is still an azz. It is just who he is, and any of us expecting him to change are nuts.