July 9 miles and such

Parsnip Totin Jack

Morning ride on the Cross County Trail. Rode from home at 5:15 and rode south to Lake Accotink. Monday’s storm that dumped 4 inches of rain in one hour flooded Accotink Creek pretty good. Logs destroyed the railings on one bridge (no pics). Debris floated over one railing and dropped, blocking the trail as it goes under Little River Turnpike. The sunrise and mist is from the Mountain Bike park at Wakefield. 

E6AC0683-30F8-488C-9C44-0FC453EB1571.jpeg

F730A288-F65E-4F98-B716-EB33ED0E6916.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I did just the 7.5 miles  back and forth to work in order to get home.  My wife, who has been not 100% since Christmas with pain and inflammation, got cleared to start riding her bike yesterday, so when I got home I went with her on her first 9 mile loop of 2019.  :hapydance:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Was that yesterday or today? In any case, that's a MESS.  Who maintains the CCT? 

Today. I got the date wrong. The trail belongs to Fairfax County. They’ll get to it eventually. They are currently paving the section between Woodburn Rd and Camelot subdivision. I’ll check tomorrow or Friday.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, JerrySTL said:

WoJSTL and I rode the tandem 10 miles early in the morning to beat the heat. We are around 200 miles on the tandem. Still no crashes or arguments!

Believe me when I say that this cannot last.....dear me no.

It is entirely against the laws of nature. :(

• Haha 1