Things I have never tried

Square Wheels

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Coffee

Oysters

sky diving

any non-prescribed drugs - evah

a three way

The coffee and oysters ones are strange.

Sky diving is understandable. I'd do it (like bungie jumping) but not rushing out the door to get it done.

Yeah - smart call on the drugs.  Enough legal stuff to not need that weird other crap.

I have three ways in probably five or six lamps currently. Three ways are AWESOME.

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Coffee

Oysters

sky diving

a three way

Oysters are awesome. We were thinking about running down to J's Oyster bar today and have a couple dozen.

I did a 3 way once, that takes a level of social skill and restraint I lack. I have long envied sexual sophisticates, but it's not a talent I possess even in small amounts.

I've done lots of drugs, except for medicinal pot if you ever need it, I don't think you'd enjoy them, esp. the really fun ones.

Never did sky diving, never saw the point of jumping out of a perfectly good plane. I like planes.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I had surgery yesterday, they gave me simple drugs before the real stuff.  I don't think I liked they way they made me feel.

I'm just the opposite.  I like them way too much so early on I labeled that part of the map.........beyond here there be dragons and stuck to it.  Drinking went down the same road.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I had surgery yesterday, they gave me simple drugs before the real stuff.  I don't think I liked they way they made me feel.

Tell ya a story. Back in the 70s, there was a pain drug that made you feel like a million bucks.

The problem was that it was too good, thousands of Docs were getting addicted, so they took it off the shelf (the FDA had teeth back then).

They are never going to give you the good stuff, but since you don't actually want the good stuff, no worries.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

It seemed like good stuff.  I can't imagine trying to function in any capacity though.  Or making any decisions.

I am sure it got the job done, but I've done a lot of the good stuff, and that ain't that..

15 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Never licked an ice cream container and returned it to the shelf.

Cocaine

Cheered for the Dallas Cowboys 

Man - that third one is tough.  I am usually cheering for the worst team in the Cowboys - Redskins games.  Lately, that means cheering for the Redskins to win (but still suck), although now that we have ties during the regular season, maybe I will go that route.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

And you are just now mentioning it? What did you have done? How long before you know if it helped? You need to tell us about this stuff before hand so we can cheer for you.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

And you are just now mentioning it? What did you have done? How long before you know if it helped? You need to tell us about this stuff before hand so we can cheer for you.

More bladder surgery.  It's been a few years since someone has peeked inside.  They didn't see anything obviously wrong, aside from the fact it barely expands.

Peed a crazy amount of blood last night when I got home.

Peeing less blood today, but not gone yet.

It looks like I'll end up medicated for bladder pain, have an appt with a bladder pain doc on Tuesday.  I'll try and see, but I am not a fan of medication, currently, I take nothing.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Cow brains. I won’t eat them. My buddy did in France, I couldn’t bring myself to try.

My Opa loves cow brains but it was either hard to get or expensive in Holland so would always get it when visiting.  My Oma would cook it up and offer me some.

Now I’ll try damn near anything but I couldn’t get myself to eat it...

53 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It seemed like good stuff.  I can't imagine trying to function in any capacity though.  Or making any decisions.

...you should try making any sort of reasoned decision after consuming a churro dog.  

The sugar rush precludes all reasoned thinking, and all you want to do is look for the place selling the bacon wrapped BBQ turkey legs.

Churro%2520Dog.JPG&key=ec6a249887a6b37d1

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

More bladder surgery.  It's been a few years since someone has peeked inside.  They didn't see anything obviously wrong, aside from the fact it barely expands.

It looks like I'll end up medicated for bladder pain, have an appt with a bladder pain doc on Tuesday.  I'll try and see, but I am not a fan of medication, currently, I take nothing.

...ouch. :( 

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks for sharing that. We do care about what you are going through. I hope whatever they did helps and you won’t need the drugs.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Coffee

Oysters

sky diving

a three way

Pfttttt.......you haven't lived......done all of these and kissed a great many men as well, you just have to if you live in France. Great hairy men clutching small hand bags, dash across busy main streets to give you a kiss. It's gratifying really... when you get used to it. :flirtyeyess:

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, it blocks the presynaptic reuptake of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine. Be better, else you’ll have to accept that marijuana “fries your brain” as “fact”.

Cocaine is genuinely dangerous shit. It was killing people when it was legal and cheap.

No, it doesn't rewire, but that communicates the message well enough for this crowd.

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’d be more concerned about cardiovascular effects of intoxication than brain re-wiring.

Cocaine was popular, turn of the century. Freud struggled with it for years, it killed some of his patients.

On a person by person basis it is more dangerous than booze.

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Today I learned it is legal/decriminalized in Bolivia (decriminalized up to 50 grams!), Brazil, Columbia (1 gram), Mexico (up to 1/2 gram), Germany, Peru, Portugal (up to 2 grams) and unenforced in the Netherlands.

My understanding is, in south America, that you mostly see leaves, and that is a traditional remedy and stimulant.

Europe puts a lot of emphasis on treatment.