Lunch Brew

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Convenience plays a HUGE part.  Convenience and consistency of product.  Very similar to all fast food joints but with more locations.

Their coffee is crap. Mostly what they sell is hot milkshakes loaded with sugar, several hundred calories for coffee??? That's nuts.

I'd also suggest staying out of most fast food places.

1 minute ago, late said:

Their coffee is crap. Mostly what they sell is hot milkshakes loaded with sugar, several hundred calories for coffee??? That's nuts.

I'd also suggest staying out of most fast food places. 

Maybe you go in at odd hours? I don't go in too often except when I haven't brought my coffee-filled thermos in to work, but when I do, most folks are ordering coffee or iced coffee.  Very few are ordering the frappucinos, and certainly not "most" people.

But you are correct about avoiding most fast food joints in general.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Maybe you go in at odd hours? I don't go in too often except when I haven't brought my coffee-filled thermos in to work, but when I do, most folks are ordering coffee or iced coffee.  Very few are ordering the frappucinos, and certainly not "most" people.

But you are correct about avoiding most fast food joints in general.

I have tried their coffee several times. Their usual brews are hideous. Their varietals are merely awful.

That*is*NOT*coffee!!

3 minutes ago, late said:

I have tried their coffee several times. Their usual brews are hideous. Their varietals are merely awful.

That*is*NOT*coffee!! 

It IS coffee, but not GREAT coffee.  It "works" for me on a road trip or for a quick and easy caffeine fix, but the taste is definitely not high on my list of best coffee.  Again, with them, it comes down to CONVENIENCE, since they literally are every couple blocks (or less) in the city.  I pass many on almost every lunch walk I take. I have three within five minute walks from my house.  They are all over America.

1 minute ago, 12string said:

Blue bottle is for people who think they are too good for Starbucks and don't realize they hire "barristas" that couldn't keep their job at Starbucks.

How about these folks? They also serve La Colombe, but I like them for their hot chocolate (in the colder months).

image.thumb.png.4f22c378a9e75ccc77cbdc97452f4d33.png

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And @Prophet Zacharia, me, and @MickinMD can all enjoy Zekes! One is just across the street from my office.

image.thumb.png.d4b218f86ef971bfb8f0859cedadb038.png

Traffic, by Pittsburgh standards, is terrible in that part of town. If I were to wonder for coffee, I’d go to La Prima.

For day to day coffee, I am ok with the stuff, according to Couch, that is made from dead animals.