Taxi Driver - Movie Review

Square Wheels

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

That’s good. I forget what his verdict was, not guilty by reason of insanity or guilty but mentally ill? Both verdicts often result in longer time locked up than a straight guilty verdict, but I would definitively prefer hospital treatment over federal penitentiary as a setting.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s good. I forget what his verdict was, not guilty by reason of insanity or guilty but mentally ill? Both verdicts often result in longer time locked up than a straight guilty verdict, but I would definitively prefer hospital treatment over federal penitentiary as a setting.

It worked out well for Randle in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yeah. And Kesey’s use of psychedelic mushrooms when working in the hospital may have affected his impressions as well. 

I think the book was fairly accurate for the time. Kesey had very good insight, high or not.

I have a cousin who was in the navy at about that time. He got to witness a nuclear bomb test, lined up a bunch of sailors, gave them dark glasses, and said look over there. It was supposedly training, but I would call it an experiment. 

• Heart 1