Places I will eat at some day.

sheep_herder

Near the Northeast Entrance to Yellowstone National Park, there was a Ma Perkins Cafe (not part of the chain) that was EXCELLENT and inexpensive in Silvergate, Montana back in the 90's. Ma was a nice, rotund lady who said she'd have kept the restaurant open if she knew I was arriving late the night I stumbled on the town:

I got a room for a few days across the street in the Range Rider Lodge (a converted whore house from back in the Silver mining days) which was one of the few places around the Park that had live music in the bar most nights. The lodge had unheated rooms but with plenty of blankets and a cold shower but that was ok in July and I think it only cost me $20/night.

When I stayed there, one local dude with a name something like Billy Bob had just got back after cutting a record album in Nashville, TN.  One song was pretty catchy and was called, "The Hung Over from Drinking Whiskey Blues." A quick search shows it didn't last until YouTube days.  It ended, "Emptying our glasses, and kicking cowboys' asses, in Silvergate, Montana USA!"

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't you live in Montana???? Just walk on over and try them out. Or, ride on down.

Jeebus.

Should be in town on the 29th to pick up my boots and enter a photo in the Montana Fair.  Might eat at one of these on that trip.  Just learned about the Sassy Biscuit today in the Gazette.