How do you feel today, Dottie?

Randomguy

14 minutes ago, Dottie said:

everybody is hating on me about my backyard project.

I think we are fascinated by it. Wondering why you didn’t google “how to build a platform” or watch a YouTube video on how to do it before you started. You build like Petite shops.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I think we are fascinated by it. Wondering why you didn’t google “how to build a platform” or watch a YouTube video on how to do it before you started. You build like Petite shops.

I followed my friend's lead. I needed his help. I blame that asshat. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Honestly I think it was a pride thing with him. We were just trying to make some minor upgrades and reuse the old sheds flooring. And the realized this piss poor foundation wouldn't hold anything. And when my friend the other engineer pointed that out he came up with this over the top solution. Only he didn't tell me until I got down the path and then he changed the requirements. I called stuff out but he would have none of that. 

Still I needed his help and once the ball started rolling....

I trusted him in the amount of about $1000 more than I wanted to go. 

Now that he has figured it out, he wants me to help him build his shed. Bastard.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Yo RG, I am doing ok. Feel better than my ER day and sort of depressed about my father.... and everybody is hating on me about my backyard project.... but those bastards can't keep me down. 

You?? How's the job?

Highly disorganized, poor resources. Because you are married to the tools you need to use, my average day is about one hour of sales activities and 8-9 additional hours on frustration and despair from the poor tools and general flailing about.  

On the other hand, that is trending upward.  On the other other hand, I suppose I can invent my own processes, once I figure out the applications and such.  I need a slave to figure out the details whilst I call and visit prospects, ideally.  On the other other other hand, it is not a talky office, and a bit insular. 

I see cracks, but am still hopeful.  

I am glad you aren’t dying, sorry about your dad.  A buddy’s mother is dying now, I have been in the phone a lot listening, makes me worried about my parents. 

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I'm gonna have the mostest, bestest metal covered woodshed than any of these bastards in here.  And it's gonna look damn expensive.  At least it's going to cost damn expensive. That much I'll assure you.

Time is money, so that deck is quite costly so far and no end in sight!

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

On the other hand, that is trending upward.  On the other other hand, I suppose I can invent my own processes, once I figure out the applications and such.  I need a slave to figure out the details whilst I call and visit prospects, ideally.  On the other other other hand, it is not a talky office, and a bit insular.

...how many fucking hands do you have, anyway ? :huh:

• Haha 1