Strava vs Relive?

Razors Edge

Didn't realize they were bickering, but got an e-mail from Strava saying they were no longer working with Relive.  I assume Relive can get their stats from Garmin or MapMyRIde or Wahoo directly??? Maybe since Strava was device/brand agnostic, it was the best source for Relive, and this will really hurt Relive's business?  I see what looks like Relive's ride summaries every now and again, so I think they were making something useful, but we'll see how they pivot from this.  I think @dennis has posted a few Relive memories in the past.

Many of us at Strava have enjoyed using Relive over the last few years, but because of Relive’s recent updates, unfortunately, we have decided to end this integration. The current version of Relive violates several of the terms that we ask of API partners. These terms are in place to safeguard your personal information, to ensure a level playing field for all our partners, and to protect what makes Strava unique. We’ve worked hard with Relive to try to fix this, but they have ultimately chosen not to make the changes needed to honor their agreement. So as of today, Strava will no longer send your activities to Relive for playback.

Rest assured, nothing’s changed about how your information is stored or the control you have over how it’s accessed by API partners. And we remain deeply committed to helping our many API partners build experiences that make your workouts and races even better.

As always, thanks for being a part of the Strava community,

Note the Relive website doesn't mention Strava:

image.thumb.png.c7cb692f3b34701be4ceba22ca327376.png

Although they may want to update their DEMO video!!!

image.thumb.png.55a386731b02b81c9fac2ca75cc9a04d.png

So now Relive is sending me emails :D I feel like I'm in the middle of some couple I know and their divorce.  Jeebus.

image.png.672c1d95e5a219e33809ab0ea4f740c8.png

So, this sucks… Strava decided to no longer work with us and shut down our access to your activities. This means you can no longer create Relive videos based on your Strava activities.

We thought we had a thing. Until last week. After launching our first social features, we received a very unexpected message threatening to pull the plug. Given our long-term partnership, we immediately rolled back the changes like they requested.

We then tried to call, email, and talk this out with Strava. No response, except for new ultimatums and threats about our existing features they’ve applauded for years.

It’s sad to see them suddenly go and we’re bummed about this, just like you. We like Strava’s product and we’ve been working with them for more than 3 years.

Nothing has changed about how Relive uses and protects your data or how we use their API. We’re working to make sure you can keep your current and past activities on Relive. We believe this is your data and you should decide how it's used. After all, it’s your legs doing all the work!