The story of my morning - Cliff Notes

Kzoo

I woke up.  I had cereal for breakfast (that's not really part of the story).  I got ready and left for the office.  I drove 25 miles of my 50 mile commute and stopped for gas.  When I tried to continue, my care wouldn't start.  NOTHING.  A nice person also getting gas provided his truck for a jump but I knew that wouldn't help.  I called my favorite repair place and they said they could look at it this morning.  I called several tow companies before I found one that didn't have a 3 hour wait.  A half hour later the car was loaded and headed back to K'zoo.  It's now waiting to get checked out and I'm at a coffee shop down the block waiting to hear.....

Don't ask me how I feel about this.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I would be elated! Another reason to get me behind a cup of coffee.

I've have never needed a reason.  I left the travel mug in the car half empty *what a waste* but it was replaced with 20 ounces of Rwandan. 

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Mechanic: Sir, your car is ready
Kzoo: How much?
Mechanic $879.63
Kzoo:  What was wrong?
Mechanic:  You left it in gear, you moran
Kzoo: Then why is the bill so high?
Mechanic: stupid ain't cheap, sir.

Darn.  I should have checked that before it went on the flatbed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I woke up. . . ..  When I tried to continue, my care wouldn't start.  NOTHING.  .....

Don't ask me how I feel about this.

I sometimes have problems caring on workday mornings too.  :nodhead:

I hope it's not a sprain and that your car is fixed soon!

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I went to the office today..  I don't know why.. I am not used to barely working. 

I thought you "worked" from home.

Do you have one of those new-fangled cars that turns off and then starts up every time you stop?  I don;t know why they don't at least put a couple second delay in those.  The Escape has a bypass button but it has to be pressed again with every start.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I thought you "worked" from home.

Do you have one of those new-fangled cars that turns off and then starts up every time you stop?  I don;t know why they don't at least put a couple second delay in those.  The Escape has a bypass button but it has to be pressed again with every start.

The home office is so I can go to work and not wear pants. 

Just now, Kzoo said:

Yeah the starter was 350 and the labor was almost 3 hours.  They made sure I understood how difficult Honda made it to replace.

I paid about 400 to replace the starter in the Element, they installed a NAPA starter, which was about 1/2 the cost of Honda. You have to remove the intake manifold to access the starter so labor was pretty high.

I was really glad to have paid to have it done when the new starter failed in less than 2 weeks. Replaced for free, including labor. I like the mechanic and was concerned about his labor, but he told me that NAPA covers his labor. If I had done it myself they would have handed me a starter and said sorry. 

• Awesome 1