Just pulled a splinter out of my knuckle

ChrisL

During my ride this weekend I got bumped into the bushes by some power walking lady with earbuds that didn’t hear my bell nor shouts that I was passing. Just as I came around she moved left to get out of a rut and I had to move even further left so my left hand went into the bushes along the trail.

My hand got pretty shredded (forgot my gloves too) but I didn’t really give the cuts much mind.  But 4 days later the “scrape” on the inside of the knuckle on my pinky finger still hurt and was developing an odd bump.  So I picked at the bump with my pocket knife and pulled out a 1/4 inch sliver of the bush I rode through!!  

Dang no wonder it still hurt!  Feels good now...

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

During my ride this weekend I got bumped into the bushes by some power walking lady with earbuds that didn’t hear my bell nor shouts that I was passing. Just as I came around she moved left to get out of a rut and I had to move even further left so my left hand went into the bushes along the trail.

My hand got pretty shredded (forgot my gloves too) but I didn’t really give the cuts much mind.  But 4 days later the “scrape” on the inside of the knuckle on my pinky finger still hurt and was developing an odd bump.  So I picked at the bump with my pocket knife and pulled out a 1/4 inch sliver of the bush I rode through!!  

Sometimes they're easier to get out after they have had a few days to develop some puss around them. 

Antibiotics are cheap.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

This thread is worthless without pics.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, ChrisL said:

Been there. One problem with having slight red-green color blindness is not being able to tell if you dug out all of the splinter or if that's a line of blood you're seeing where you dug into your hand, arm, etc. with a needle.  There have been times, fortunately only a few, where I thought I got it all but it hurt for a couple days and, with a little needle digging, the no-longer-bleeding site showed a bit of splinter still there.