These Things Are Like Crack!

Razors Edge

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Never had them, but looks good

Except for the Oatmeal part

And the raisin part. Raisins are just fake chocolate chips 

My sister loves to bake and used to make me Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Those were the bomb!

She was in town the other week and at our family gathering made me a big batch of chocolate chip cookies for organizing the gathering.    I ate a couple and let my family eat the rest but oh man they were good.  We share a Costco membership with her and every year we pay the renewal for both and she sends us a big box of fudge & baked treats.  

So worth it!

• Heart 2

Not an exaggeration - I ate about two dozen of those things this afternoon.

The "raisins" are more like "raisin particles".  Enough to get the flavor but they don't get jammed in your teeth.

We have a list of "standing order" things to pick up every time we're at Trader Joe's and these are on that list.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

Not an exaggeration - I ate about two dozen of those things this afternoon.

The "raisins" are more like "raisin particles".  Enough to get the flavor but they don't get jammed in your teeth.

We have a list of "standing order" things to pick up every time we're at Trader Joe's and these are on that list.

Let's put it this way - that container is three servings and only because I practice self restraint and didn't have milk nearby.

17 servings MY ASS!

image.thumb.png.0eb6278a5af28b545c077c107fa8c5b9.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

They look too crispy to me.  The ideal cookie is crispy on the ootside and chewy on the inside, or all chewy, but all crispy is hard to pull off well.  Usually it just means hard. 

I don't want to get you hooked so I'll just nod my head like I am agreeing with your assessment.

• Awesome 1

58 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

They look too crispy to me.  The ideal cookie is crispy on the ootside and chewy on the inside, or all chewy, but all crispy is hard to pull off well.  Usually it just means hard.

Our daughter made some homemade cookies after these were opened,  and in the resulting delay they got a little softer. I might like them better this way. 

2 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Our daughter made some homemade cookies after these were opened,  and in the resulting delay they got a little softer. I might like them better this way. 

I look at gingerbread cookies versus ginger snaps.  Love the soft gingerbread cookies, and I just tolerate the rock hard snaps for the ginger and sugar hit.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I look at gingerbread cookies versus ginger snaps.  Love the soft gingerbread cookies, and I just tolerate the rock hard snaps for the ginger and sugar hit.

We get some very tasty crispy gingerbread cookies from the grocery store that come in a brown wax-paper bag.  Dip them in milk, and they melt in your mouth. SO GOOD.  TJs makes a triple ginger snap hard cookie, and it is good too, but for some reason the cheaper ones from the regular grocery store are better.

The key seems to be milk.  It puts them over the top.