Weekend plans..the second weekend in July

petitepedal

Today was perfect..absolutely perfect...low humidity, started cool and got to the mid 80's...Unfortunately that all changes tomorrow...humidity and temps are gonna climb..

Gonna try and get a morning walk in, laundry, cooking shows an hibernation..oh an PT exercises..temps will be in the 90's on Sunday..oh watching TDF at my neighbors.

• Heart 2

Being empty nesters is weird... No plans really.

Family dinner out tonight, ride, chores & etc...

When I was on vacation I went fishing. I went to the outdoors store to get a fishing license & my wife blew a gasket over a $55 license. I didn’t feel like arguing so I got a one day for $16 but knew I want to do more fishing now that I have time...  Well she’s really gonna blow a gasket when I end up spending $71 for a license...

• Heart 4

Going out to our county fair tonight. They have BBQ, bands and a beer garden. A friend who lives in The Bay Area is in town and is meeting us there. 

Tomorrow is yard work and a 50th birthday party for a friend. 

Sunday hopefully a ride in the morning then out to the fair to see another band we like and an early evening photo shoot. 

Weather is getting warm and humid again. Highs in the 90s all weekend. 

Tonight: Tour de Belleville. It's a 5- or 15-mile night ride with over 1K riders. WoJSTL and I are doing it on the tandem.

Saturday day: Solo bike ride hopefully. WoJSTL has a half marathon in September and is going to start training for it. My half marathon days are over.

Saturday night: Seeing Cinderella at the outdoor Muny Theater in St. Louis.

Sunday morning: BIL paperwork. Still going through it.

Sunday lunch with my son's family.

Sunday evening: bike ride I hope.

Also watch the TdF highlights when I get a chance.

• Heart 1

I'm going down to see my dad tomorrow and my wife and I are going to lay it all out of where he is at.  It's not good and his failure or reluctance to accept his own condition is becoming a problem.  He fails to grasp the level of care he needs or what the consequences are if he goes home.  At some point he's going to run out of money and then he'll have to wait (maybe up to 2 years) to get the treatment he'll need.  The whole thing is hard.  It's hard on me and my sisters -- perhaps harder than he has it.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

23 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I'm going down to see my dad tomorrow and my wife and I are going to lay it all out of where he is at.  It's not good and his failure or reluctance to accept his own condition is becoming a problem.  He fails to grasp the level of care he needs or what the consequences are if he goes home.  At some point he's going to run out of money and then he'll have to wait (maybe up to 2 years) to get the treatment he'll need.  The whole thing is hard.  It's hard on me and my sisters -- perhaps harder than he has it.

prayers for you, that's not going to be easy at all

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I'll have accumulated enough extra cash in my savings account by the end of July to pay for my new 160 foot-long chain-link fence with two gates. So tomorrow I begin getting rid of various roots, etc. that exist along a lot of it plus move some 4x4's that hold back the earth where otherwise there's a slight bank from the yard to the street along about 25 feet of it.

I forgot to get ginger root today so I'll get it tomorrow to do the soy/ginger/honey marinade for my haddock filets, which will be the "meat" part of dinner this weekend along with "California Blend" veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots).

80+\- ride in the morning. Some brush mowing in afternoon and a date with WoZack tomorrow night. 

Sunday church in morning group ride in afternoon.

All you can eat ice cream social tonight. Homemade ice cream. My son’s family came and my brother and my nephew. I got to talk to a bunch of the guys I used to work with.i had my four year old granddaughter sit on my lap and eat her second plate of ice cream. I don’t know where she puts it?

Tomorrow is a family reunion. My family will probably outnumber the rest of the people. There will be 15 of us if my wife feels up to coming.

Off to mountains (to cycle on paved roads and paths). Yesterday I started off my "vacation" early with a great Mexican lunch in a neighbourhood we seldom go to. Later walked around at a evening outdoor night market...bands playing and right against the site were freight trains shunting their cars. 

On 7/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, ChrisL said:

Being empty nesters is weird... No plans really.

Just wait until you are a empty nester and retired. 

I'm no longer a responsible adult. 

• Heart 1