You guys are boring the shit out of me today

Randomguy

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

"You guys are boring the shit out of me today"

I just checked my priority list and my concern about your issue is way down on the list.  It's right below something about bellybutton lint.

I don’t care about you chronic lint problem.  

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I've been lying in bed for almost 24 hours now, will be here at least until tomorrow.   This was not planned.  I have nothing with me except a mostly dead phone that I need to keep alive for work.

My wife will be here later with stuff to read.

...this is a good opportunity to contemplate your own mortality, and resolve to live life to the fullest once you recover.  :) 

Just now, Page Turner said:

... :(  living within certain physical limitations and still enjoying life is an essential part of aging.  Sucks, but even from that which sucks we learn something if we are open to it.

Aging?  This has gotten progressively worse for 17 years. Since I was in my 30s.  Now they're talking about removing the bladder.  Forget that, I'll check out first.

17 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not taking any.

I give up.  The bladder wins.  I'm done fighting.

EEKS.  Please rethink this attitude.  People that bring you reading material would not like this kind of talk.

It's just a bag.  This is a manageable situation if they are talking about removing that organ.  

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Didn't they refer to the west and east egg in "The Great Gatsby"?

yes, that was the reference... I guess it's commonly considered that the "fictional" West Egg referred to the Great Neck side of Manhasset Bay, and East Egg the Port Washington side.  Not far at all from Glen Cove, per the initial comment above.

yeah, on "West Egg" you can find homes that look like this:

image.thumb.png.7ebbb6543c5fadca717f9e0ab8f56269.png

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Aging?  This has gotten progressively worse for 17 years. Since I was in my 30s.  Now they're talking about removing the bladder.  Forget that, I'll check out first.

...yeah. I know it's hard to accept.  It's been pretty much downhill for me since my early 40's when I first blew out my right knee. The best I've been able to do is to change the slope of the downhill curve to something a little more gradual. There are some valid alternative therapeutic approaches to pain that involve mind/body, touchy feely stuff.  Which I know you detest, and don't believe in.  So I don't know what to tell you.

I've been at place in my life where pain was so all encompassing that it seemed to be all that was left.  It's very depressing....which I sense you might be a little bit right now. I can only tell you that current allopathic medical models did nothing for me except make me worse.  And that I personally benefited a great deal from some (not all) of the mind/body things I encountered once I realized that there really were no solutions being offered to me by the allopathic medical community that my insurance would cover (and in which you work so hard in your own job).

I'm not selling anything.  I just think you're right about not letting anyone remove your bladder as a solution to this, and that you might eventually be desperate enough to try something that you know shouldn't work, but for some reason does sometimes.

• Heart 1