Credit card fraud

Dirtyhip

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

Yes,  

We need to drive over the hill.  We are just not in a huge hurry. 

I was there SO long ago I don't recall it being a very big place.  I suppose it's taken off like Bend, OR.  How many dealers do you have in the city?  If it's a small town, I'm sure they do that because they need all the cash they can to survive -- or the owners want a nicer summer cabin in the Cascades somewhere.

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Snark has such a short memory.

If it was snark -- then awesome.  You of all people know how that works. Why you are choosing to focus on me seems unwarranted.  

Get over it -- whatever it is. If you can't, then yes, multi-quote it please.  I'll do my best to work with your sensitivities.

17 minutes ago, Dottie said:

If it was snark -- then awesome.  You of all people know how that works. Why you are choosing to focus on me seems unwarranted.  

Get over it -- whatever it is. If you can't, then yes, multi-quote it please.  I'll do my best to work with your sensitivities.

never mind.  Not only don't you remember the original but you didn't read the multi quote either.  You need to pay attention to your surroundings.

Sorry to hear this DH, but glad you caught it quickly.  I had a card compromised last month, but the bank called me to question certain of the transactions right as they happened.  Not sure how they spotted them - it was a hotel in TN, and I was never there, but I have charged other rooms when I travel.  I was glad they caught it so quickly, but I did have to go change a few autopays which is a bother.

3 hours ago, Dottie said:

The rate on my credit card was far lower than the rate I could have gotten through them or my bank.  In fact, it was my financial institution that informed me I'd be way better off using my credit card than any other means. And I was motivated to pay it off in a year.  I probably saved thousands.

New car interest rates are often between 0-1.9%. A credit card interest rate is usually in the teens or higher. I am confused why you would chose to buy a car on a credit card that you wouldn’t turn around and pay off on the next statement. And I’d bet the car dealer stuck a 1.3% (or is it 1.7%?) up charge in his quote to cover the credit card service charge, even if you didn’t realize it.

39 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It reminded me of toddles.

Listen Max.  I don't care what I remind you of because I think you have it wrong.  What RE said to you was by FAR way more insulting to you than me.  In fact, if you look at all my responses afterwards -- I even went out of my way to show you that it was a poke at you -- that it happens to all of us. In fact, I never made another quip to you after that moment.  But it's simple really.  If you don't like interacting with me -- please put me on ignore.  My stuff to you is not damaging or mean spirited in anyway.  I ask you to find one third party member in this forum that thinks what I said to you was damaging.  And then make sure you point them to the stuff RE said about you -- and then ask them why you decided to track me down.  

You remind me of MaddMaxx in the other forum. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Listen Max.  I don't care what I remind you of because I think you have it wrong.  What RE said to you was by FAR way more insulting to you than me.  In fact, if you look at all my responses afterwards -- I even went out of my way to show you that it was a poke at you -- that it happens to all of us. In fact, I never made another quip to you after that moment.  But it's simple really.  If you don't like interacting with me -- please put me on ignore.  My stuff to you is not damaging or mean spirited in anyway.  I ask you to find one third party member in this forum that thinks what I said to you was damaging.  And then make sure you point them to the stuff RE said about you -- and then ask them why you decided to track me down.  

You remind me of MaddMaxx in the other forum. 

That's why I quoted both you and he.  You'rs was a follow to his.  Don't tell me it wasn't.

The riposet was a funny melding of both his post and yours.  Get over yourself.

31 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

But salaries are inflated in Manhattan, too. Probably also in the PNW, Boston, the Northeast corridor, etc, too. But it’s a spiral and never ending.

They don’t seem inflated to me.  They are at the top of the top, but for normal folks, not so much.  

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I find with those things, they will allow the old CC number to work for a few months before cutting it off.  Every so often we get a new CC in the mail saying the old one was possibly compromised in some data breach.  I rarely successfully update all the autopay very quickly, but they work for a while (months). Usually, the CC statement even references the use of the older CC number.

In my case the cut the old credit card number immediately and told me to cut up my card - I probably told them I had other cards and didn't need to use it until the new card with new number arrived.

Like I said, they used my Chase Freedom Visa credit card number to rent movies from HULU online. I called Chase then called HULU. HULU said they did NOT use my name and did NOT use my correct expiration date and did NOT use the three-digit security code on the card.  Yet HULU processed it and Chase paid it!  The HULU phone rep candidly told me HULU isn't a stickler for info - they just want to collect the charge!

Most likely, someone just entered a wrong digit when signing up and it matched my card.