It's a look

Square Wheels

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Except the food in the ICU is mostly through a tube or IV. At least on the floor you can usually eat.

Most of my lunch was through IV but I did enjoy the popsicle and morphine that I had for breakfast one day. 

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You have idea how little humility I have left.  Half the staff have seen my noodle at this point.  I hear giggling as they leave.

I know......I know.....I feel your pain.

That said, it could be worse. A warrant Officer I knew when in the Army, told me they pinned his willy to a board and he then had to watch as it was closely examined by a Consultant accompanied by a gaggle of female medical students. :(

15 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes they do. You will not however be in a situation where you will enjoy the shave.  I'm just as glad that they put me under before the "shave" for my proceedure.

The nurse shaved me before my recent hernia surgery. The surgery was laparoscopic and no incisions were made anywhere near where the nurse shaved. I think they do that just for entertainment.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You look pretty good given the circumstances. 

Thanks, still here.  My wife brought snacks and electronics yesterday, I have my laptop now.

I still want to go home, but I am also afraid of all of the bleeding.

The experience has made me realize I cannot tolerate pain.  My anxiety has been insane.  My heart rate is usually in the 60s, yesterday shortly before an ultrasound, it was about 120.  An ultrasound is harmless, but they were going to block my catheter to get my bladder to fill up.  That terrified me.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, still here.  My wife brought snacks and electronics yesterday, I have my laptop now.

I still want to go home, but I am also afraid of all of the bleeding.

The experience has made me realize I cannot tolerate pain.  My anxiety has been insane.  My heart rate is usually in the 60s, yesterday shortly before an ultrasound, it was about 120.  An ultrasound is harmless, but they were going to block my catheter to get my bladder to fill up.  That terrified me.

They weren’t going to leave it blocked......... were they?

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

They weren’t going to leave it blocked......... were they?

They wanted to look for large clots that would need to be removed.  They wanted it blocked for an hour so the bladder could fill.  That's kinda what landed in in the hospital.  When they did the surgery on Tuesday, they inflated the bladder, the bleeding hasn't stopped since.  Initially they were just going to send me with a transport person, my super nice nurse came and unblocked it twice to allow some of the pressure to be relieved.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

They wanted to look for large clots that would need to be removed.  They wanted it blocked for an hour so the bladder could fill.  That's kinda what landed in in the hospital.  When they did the surgery on Tuesday, they inflated the bladder, the bleeding hasn't stopped since.  Initially they were just going to send me with a transport person, my super nice nurse came and unblocked it twice to allow some of the pressure to be relieved.

When can you go home? What operation?

Yeah.....I know that this is scary, but I've found that the anticipation of pain is usually worse than the pain itself.

I take it that you don't use blood thinners as I'm aware that this doesn't help the passing blood thing. I'd like to think that the op goes some way to lessen your problem and give you some relief....psychological and physical that is. You could do with a break.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

When can you go home? What operation?

Today seems likely, there is not a lot of doc / patient interaction in a hospital.  I had more bladder surgery.

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

Yeah.....I know that this is scary, but I've found that the anticipation of pain is usually worse than the pain itself.

Not in this case.  I have a tiny bladder.  From what I understand most people can easily accommodate 1000 mls.  I can hold about 200, and when it hits that points, the skin starts to crack open and bleed, and urine make it hurts even more.  They needed to get a large clot out, so the catch 22 was they needed to keep filling and draining the bladder.  It was not pleasant, but the clots came out.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Are you home yet?

Yes, I got home a couple of hours ago.  We are now 4 stages behind on TdF.  Just watched one, will watch another later.

It's amazing how wiped out I am from two days of laying in bed.  

Some of the procedures also really stressed me out.  My heart rate is usually in the 60s, maybe 70s.  It was in the 110s before a procedure yesterday.  I had a lot of IV Valium over the past few days, it's fast acting, but didn't touch my anxiety.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Yes, I got home a couple of hours ago.  We are now 4 stages behind on TdF.  Just watched one, will watch another later.

It's amazing how wiped out I am from two days of laying in bed.  

Some of the procedures also really stressed me out.  My heart rate is usually in the 60s, maybe 70s.  It was in the 110s before a procedure yesterday.  I had a lot of IV Valium over the past few days, it's fast acting, but didn't touch my anxiety.

...the best med for anxiety is Xanax. It's also very addictive....don't let anyone tell you differently.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

How did you do overnight?

I slept much better with the catheter out.  I still get up every hours, but that's life now.  It's not going to get better.  At least now I know.  I will get worse, not better.

57 minutes ago, smudge said:

So everyone has seen your noodle/shlong/willy....  Are these people you work with on a daily basis??

I'm sure I'll eventually see some in the hall.  There are 16,000 employees at our hospital, so I won't be worrying about it too much.

47 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm sure I'll eventually see some in the hall.  There are 16,000 employees at our hospital, so I won't be worrying about it too much.

Your hospital is waaaayyyy bigger than ours. So ya, not an issue. Besides, knowing why you were there I doubt anyone would give you a hard time. They may even hold open a restroom door for you.  :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Get well. Aire scared me to death with a text saying you had surgery and were bleeding all over the BMW. 

I run here and you look fine. What gives? 

I am glad you are ok. Where are the pics of SpeedDemon? 

You have the former friend known as AWWC on ignore.