So.. Everything in moderation, then?

Wilbur

I was going to get started writing the meeting minutes that my boss and her boss will be voting on next week, but this talk of moderation makes me realize I shouldn't overdo work, either.

Is there a diet based on procrastination? I'd excel on that one.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I was going to get started writing the meeting minutes that my boss and her boss will be voting on next week, but this talk of moderation makes me realize I shouldn't overdo work, either.

Is there a diet based on procrastination? I'd excel on that one.

Sorry.. I own that market already.  You have enough titles like DeathJim and Forum Badass. 

• Heart 2

Everything in moderation was supposedly the secret of long life at Shangri La.

ANY diet that says it's good because ancient humans evolved with it neglect the fact that it only proves it's good to get someone to about the age of 30 where they've reproduced and raised kids.  It proves nothing about health in later age.

When I was researching the curriculum for the new Nutrition Science course we created in our school system in the late 90's and spent time at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, it was impressive to see that large number of diets that they've experimented with for decades.  They have volunteers who come in once a week to collect a very large cage containing all the food they're allowed to eat for the next week. The technicians even do things like cut apple slices and weigh them so they're the exact number of grams they're supposed to get.

The scientists there were very pleased with results from the Mediterranean Diet and the somewhat similar DASH Diet - which is geared more for diabetics.

The Mediterranean Diet is a moderation diet, allowing about equal Calories of carbs, protein, and fat, concentrating on the good sources of each one.

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, Kirby said:

Frog legs are never OK! ?

Why this jumping from one subject to another.....and another thing....you are wrong. Frog legs are very tasty indeed sauteed with butter and parsley and eaten with a dry white wine.

• Heart 1