3 year process completed

ChrisL

14 minutes ago, donkpow said:

That's pretty good. I don't see why she didn't pursue a career in kinesiologing,  though. I imagine they make good money. I think once you get a BA, you can just hang a shingle and get to work kinesing out there in Ca.

It’s actually one of those degree’s that needs considerable continuing education to work in.  PT requires an additional 4 years and many of the programs are impacted... That turned her off so she applied for a chiropractic college but changed her mind before starting.

She was working as a PT aid while getting her prereqs done but you can’t live off that pay.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

It’s actually one of those degree’s that needs considerable continuing education to work in.  PT requires an additional 4 years and many of the programs are impacted... That turned her off so she applied for a chiropractic college but changed her mind before starting.

She was working as a PT aid while getting her prereqs done but you can’t live off that pay.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

After my daughter got her undergrad in Kinesiology she was a little lost on what to do next.  While at the family dentist shortly after graduation he asked her what her plans were, uh....

He asked her if she ever considered dental hygiene and let her shadow with some of their hygienists.  She was hooked but had to go back to a JC to complete some prerequisites and then got accepted into one of the better programs in the state.  Over 500 candidates apply each year, 30 are selected for a JC program!?!! Who knew.

Well 2 years later she finished with honors, received several awards, passed her state boards and just today got her license... Our dentist said he would hire her if he had an opening and tried to hire her but her license took too long to process and he had to fill the position.

So she can officially start applying and there is high demand for hygienists, especially from her program so she should find a gig soon.

Want to know the going rate for hygienists in SoCal?  $50 an hour!  Her hubby is a tax accountant who just got his CPA so they are off to a good start.

So when’s the party?

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

So when’s the party?

My wife texted that dinner of her choice is on us.  

We actually didn’t do anything when she graduated this program as we had a grad party when she got her undergrad.  I also told her I’d wring her neck if she sent out grad announcements as then my siblings would send her a bunch of cash, again...

No party, just dinner.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

It better be somewhere good!

Friday night is family dinner out night.  My SIL usually covers his & our daughters meal but we pay my son and his GF... If we pay for everyone yeah it’s gonna be a big bill.  

Not sure where we are going yet tho, still early out west...

19 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Friday night is family dinner out night.  My SIL usually covers his & our daughters meal but we pay my son and his GF... If we pay for everyone yeah it’s gonna be a big bill.  

Not sure where we are going yet tho, still early out west...

I feel that you’re not remembering the previous thread about this and recognizing that I am yanking your chain!

• Awesome 1