I have to ask the obvious question - wth is wrong with Ford trucks?

Randomguy

37 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

For me....it is the Ford smell..I don't  care for it...  I think back in the day I test drove a Ranger..just liked my Chevy better..even the one that only had an AM radio.

Maybe you have an allergy?  That might explain it.

• Haha 1

All of the light trucks I have owned, and two heavy ones were Fords. I loved them all, even though they had flaws.

They were, in order of purchase, 1962 Econoline pickup, 1975 F150, 1977 WT 9000 1980 CLT 9000, an old used, nearly worn out Ranchero that I can't remember the model year of, think it was about a '73, and a 91 F150.

Oops, I forgot. I briefly owned a Mazda B2000 in the early 80s, but that almost qualifies as a Ford, as the Ranger was just a rebadged B2000.

• Heart 1

We have had nothing but trouble with Ford trucks in our fleet. the last 2 were F350's.Gas pot that we tried propane/gas solution.  If the propane ran out the gas would take over. First one blew a engine at 98k miles. We asked Ford for warranty  relief. They said oh, no that's just for diesel. We sucked it up  & put a new engine in for about $8-10k. The sister truck bought at the same time then blew an engine  within 200 miles of the previous truck. Yeah,nothing wrong with those engines right Ford?

We sold that one. 

• Heart 2

I've had a few Fords, and other than a 72 Pinto that served me well, had trouble with all of them. Not always the cars fault, totaling a 71 Torino 2 weeks after buying it wasn't the cars fault   :dontknow:

But regardless, my karma doesn't seem to like Ford. 

Probably the most brand loyal group of people are truck buyers, then snowmobilers, them motorcyclists. Its really kind of amusing.  I know guys who have temporarily switched brands to bash and complain, just to confirm (in their minds) that their favorite brand is best.  My dad is one of them. He can look you in the eye and tell you for 50 years his favorite brand never left him stranded. Though my memory is much, much different. Part of my decision making process while choosing a vehicle is to find which group has the most loud and obnoxious brand loyalists, and then buy the polar opposite.  If for no other reason then to watch them go into a tribal activated frensy when they see my new purchase. ;) 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

I owned a Ranger before I totaled it.  I was happy with it.  Today I want to buy a new truck but am undecided.  Undecided as to whether I really need a truck and undecided about how big of truck to get because I don't want to be undecided if my truck is gonna be bigger than your truck.  Gun rack is not optional, though, and a baseball cap must be worn backwards at all times when operating the vehicle.