Good golly Miss Molly

late

The wife keeps getting better. We went out to lunch today, tried the Impossible Burger. It's a really good fake, but like Jezzer said, you'd never confuse it with meat. I had a couple bites, that was hers.

I got some ridiculous thing that had a burger dusted with coffee, candied bacon, fired onions, an egg, thousand island sauce (I told them to hold the mayo), and a couple kinds of cheese.

It was really tasty, and about a million calories.

We went to Goodwill, got a couple books, the first Game of Thrones book, and The Last Full Measure, the sequel to the amazing Killer Angels. If you haven't read Killer Angels, you really really should. Really.

Definitely going to have to do a long bike ride manana.

Saw a Youtube video on how to defeat the limiter, so the motor will still keep cranking past 20mph. Tempting, that would be helpful in traffic.

Do you ever screw up Netflix? I am a hopeless The Expanse addict and I missed disc 3 of season one somehow. Although I am getting annoyed with the show. Over the last year I've become something of an expert on the books. So now I can't go 5 minutes without saying that wasn't in the books, or it was completely different. The big thing is my fave character is Avarasala, a small Indian woman who is a force of nature. In the TV show she does things like torture. She is a badass in the books, but she is always trying to find a way to get to her goals without violence.

For my 2 cents, best scifi ever, and I don't mean the tv show.

Knock on wood, maybe things are settling down. You can get tired of reality biting you on the ass every couple days.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1