Help, we're surrounded.

shotgun

This shit is taking over our flower beds. It was here when we moved in, but spreads more and more every year. What is it and how do we control it?

http://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-41-0-28047200-1402767372.jpghttp://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-41-0-36880700-1402767375.jpghttp://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-41-0-60966000-1402767380.jpghttp://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_06_2014/post-41-0-10634800-1402767384.jpg

Looks a little like a weed I have too.  I have been calling it  oxalis, but Uncle Google tells me I made that up. :D

Probably not the same as yours though, because it is only mildly invasive.

Oh, and BTW, it could always be worse.  You COULD be surrounded by assholes. :D

Looks a little like a weed I have too.  I have been calling it  oxalis, but Uncle Google tells me I made that up. :D

Duh - look around.

• Heart 1

We already know he doesn't live in NJ.   :whistle:

• Heart 2

This shit is taking over our flower beds. It was here when we moved in, but spreads more and more every year. What is it and how do we control it?

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 2.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 4.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 5.JPG

Let me first tell you an old favorite joke of mine:

Fence

An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are shown a pasture with a herd of sheep, and told to put them inside the smallest possible amount of fence.

• The engineer is first. He herds the sheep into a circle and then puts the fence around them, declaring, "A circle will use the least fence for a given area, so this is the best solution."
  • The physicist is next. He creates a circular fence of infinite radius around the sheep, and then draws the fence tight around the herd, declaring, "This will give the smallest circular fence around the herd."
  • The mathematician is last. After giving the problem a little thought, he puts a small fence around himself and then declares, "I define myself to be on the outside."

Do you understand now? The solution should be clear. Just define that crap weed as what you 'intend' to grow and be done with it. :D

Kudzu has a compound leaf with three leaflets.  That appears to have a single leaf. Can you post a close up of one leaf?

I am going to second using RoundUp.  You can mix it "brush" strength and wipe it on with a paint brush on the end of long stick if you want.  

It looks very similar to sweet potato vine actually.  And it has fleshy bits on the roots to support this.

Let me first tell you an old favorite joke of mine:

Do you understand now? The solution should be clear. Just define that crap weed as what you 'intend' to grow and be done with it. :D

This is actually not as Krazy as it sounds.  I did that for a few years, but I finally couldn't take it any more so I ripped all the pseudo-flowers out.  But they will probably get the last laugh, because they are aboot fifty times more persistent than I am. :angry: