I got into a bar fight tonight

jsharr

Walked right up the window, bought a ticket and walked in to watch Audrey Wolfe, a Dallas based MMA fighter that we sponsor fight.

The fight was at Gas Monkey Live and it was one of the better fights of the night, even though it was short.

image.thumb.png.8534f109e5e42204400671b72ab3d88b.pngThis is her third or fo

She won in the first round by arm bar

.image.thumb.png.98614149b61dffff840d8268b8bd6301.png

image.thumb.png.6731156c99187a0b1710a69a132439f8.png

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

I really don’t understand this sport. 

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

MMA fighting makes me think of the Flavian Amphitheatre 

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

Did you used to go there as a kid?

...when I was a kid, we had this saying, panem et circenses.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

What ever happened to a coffee pot and whatever you brought in your own bag.

We have a coffee pot and a Nespresso.  I keep a wide selection of Nespresso Virtuoline pods on hand and right now I have 4 types of ground coffee on hand.

Also, I left off the mixed nuts with dried fruit, the snack crackers and the dark chocolate covered almonds.    

And of course we have a fridge full of other things besides sparkling water, but I typically only drink water, sparkling water or drip coffee.  Today I made a pot of Hawaiian.  It is nice, but the roast is a bit dark for my taste.

44 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We have a coffee pot and a Nespresso.  I keep a wide selection of Nespresso Virtuoline pods on hand and right now I have 4 types of ground coffee on hand.

Also, I left off the mixed nuts with dried fruit, the snack crackers and the dark chocolate covered almonds.    

And of course we have a fridge full of other things besides sparkling water, but I typically only drink water, sparkling water or drip coffee.  Today I made a pot of Hawaiian.  It is nice, but the roast is a bit dark for my taste.

Yuppies.

I was once President of my Community Association and my VP was an entrepreneur named Max Kisner, who wasn't the smartest guy but was a hard worker.

Somehow, he got involved with a couple boxers and he came up with the idea of Dinner and Boxing and I used to attend a lot of them. For a couple decades he put on events in the Baltimore Area, then retired.  He passed away a while back.

I think current world cruiserweight champ Nick Kisner is his grandson - Nick graduated from Old Mill High School, where I taught, but I didn't know him - he was a freshman my last year there.

A couple times, my group was at the same table with noted boxers at the Dinner & Boxing events, which made it that much more fun.