Razors Edge

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

That is the problem with cartop mounting and driving into the garage. Saw a custom steel Serotta like that mounted on a wall in a bike shop. Made great wall art!

Nowadays, my bike always goes in the back seat.  It only hangs outside when we have the car packed for camping and the dog in the back seat.  Otherwise, much safer for it in the car than on it or behind it.

10 hours ago, Tizeye said:

That is the problem with cartop mounting and driving into the garage. Saw a custom steel Serotta like that mounted on a wall in a bike shop. Made great wall art!

When I had a roof rack I always put my garage remote in the glove box when transporting bikes .  It broke the routine and helped me remember my bike was on the roof.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

...my wife and I were eating breakfast one Sunday at some little place in Palo Alto, on the main drag, across from the bank.  I watched out the window while some guy with two bikes that looked like they were worth 5 grand each on a roof rack drove into the drive in ATM and scraped both of them and his roof rack off the roof and down behind the car on the overhang that protects the drive in auto teller there from rain.

The whole thing happened in slow motion, and even though it was making these horrible crunching and grinding noises, the guy kept on driving.  I guess he was so focused on getting out his card and getting the money to enjoy his day of riding, that he just didn't connect all that noise with the disaster unfolding.

I had to stop eating at that point, because I felt a little sick. :( 

• Sad 1

This monster won't fit into my garage or a lot of other places as it's just under 9 feet. I store the rack behind an orange traffic cone so that I have to move the cone into the middle of the garage.

20190519_153351.thumb.jpg.a5d9e119504ae7b8ffcfb09f12d5b49a.jpg

I have a buddy who ran bikes on a roof rack into his house 3 different times. He finally bought a hitch rack and proceeded to lower the garage door on his bike.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I have a buddy who ran bikes on a roof rack into his house 3 different times. He finally bought a hitch rack and proceeded to lower the garage door on his bike. 

?

I was a passenger in a car when our bikes were run into an immovable object.  An awful experience for us and the bikes.  The driver was in tears mainly from the trauma of damaging my bike, but surprisingly, we persevered, and while I did eventually need to repair or replace that frame, it lasted a year before I needed to decide my next step (a new S-Works frame :whistle: fit the bill).

• Heart 1

The only experience remotely similar to these was when a buddy didn’t anchor the surf board rack to his VW bug and our 4 boards blew off the car rack & all onto PCH... 

My board was already kinda beat so I wasn’t too upset but one of our buddies had a new board...

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

This monster won't fit into my garage or a lot of other places as it's just under 9 feet. I store the rack behind an orange traffic cone so that I have to move the cone into the middle of the garage.

20190519_153351.thumb.jpg.a5d9e119504ae7b8ffcfb09f12d5b49a.jpg

What a maroon! Wait, was it Pat Maroon???

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

There is a secret draw in SW’s virtual filing cabinet where TDF spoilers should be filed. It’s not the Café, and it certainly isn’t the Pro Cycling subforum. That is all I can say about the issue.

Don't kick him when he is down!

It's more the sensitive types who complain to him about it, so he's just trying to not get harassed with complaints.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't kick him when he is down!

It's more the sensitive types who complain to him about it, so he's just trying to not get harassed with complaints.

It seems to me that @petitepedal is the major instigator of violating the SW spoiler policy. From her I learned both that GT rode Lightweight wheels AND crashed, all prior to being able to see it on Tv for myself. When I make a reference to 2010, my post goes right to SW purgatory. Double standard!

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

And the crash was a Canadians fault.  :(

And in true Canuck fashion, when interviewed he said it was his fault and wanted to talk to those affected and say he was sorry.  :nodhead:

Mick Woods is an absolute stud but came to cycling late with a running background. Chris Horner made the comment during the telecast that everyone knows not to follow Mick’s wheel as he’s bound to crash!!! 

I read Phil Gaimons book covering his last year in the pro peleton and he spoke highly of Woods too whichbwas his first year.   He said he’s going to be a stud.

• Heart 2