Electricians Are here

Airehead

They are installing the generator now that the ground is level where it goes.  They are also putting the lights up on the outside of the barn.  Mostly they are putting the LED lighting in the barn.  This means I can finally get the mats off the pallets and onto the floor.  At the moment they are trenching between the house and barn.

The guy ticked me off to start because he asked where Mr. Aire was because he wanted clarification on something.  I asked what he needed.  He gave me the well it is a detail question.  So, I responded, "Well if it is a detail question, you certainly don't need Mr. Aire.  This is my barn and he doesn't get a vote."  The look on his face was ?  or maybe ?.  

Come to find out the discussion was about the fact that the lights over the garage cannot be exactly centered do to the ribbing in the metal.  Even if it wasn't my barn, Mr. Aire would want me to decide how something was going to aesthetically  look.

It was only one of the three guys who said it so I'll give the other two a chance.  All three are actually working and seem quite skilled.

Why did three guys bring three trucks one with a  trailer for the trencher?  Maybe they take them home at night?

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

They are installing the generator now that the ground is level where it goes

We lost power for about two hours the other day.  It was wild.  Hadn't lost power in a long time, so I had to head down to my camping supplies and pull out the flashlights.  Good news is we are down to like two clocks in the house that need to be reset after an outage - the microwave and the stove.  Yay!

• Heart 1

The generator is a good insurance policy.  We lost power pretty frequency at the other house.  Several times for 3 days or more.  Once we bought the generator there, we never had a power outage of more than 10 hours and never when it was 20 degrees or less.

I am hoping the only time this one runs is when it turns itself on for testing each month.

• Heart 4

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

The generator is a good insurance policy.  We lost power pretty frequency at the other house.  Several times for 3 days or more.  Once we bought the generator there, we never had a power outage of more than 10 hours and never when it was 20 degrees or less.

I am hoping the only time this one runs is when it turns itself on for testing each month.

My parents have an automatic backup generator (had to for the hog barns) comes in handy as they often loose power for a day or two, especially in the winter.  Growing up with that, I got a small generator I can hook in quickly if I needed to, have had it for probably close to 20 years now, it hasn't been started since I got it.  I really need to pull it out and see if it will even start some time.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

My parents have an automatic backup generator (had to for the hog barns) comes in handy as they often loose power for a day or two, especially in the winter.  Growing up with that, I got a small generator I can hook in quickly if I needed to, have had it for probably close to 20 years now, it hasn't been started since I got it.  I really need to pull it out and see if it will even start some time.

before we had the built-in, we had the same situation.  Mr. Aire used to mark it on his calendar to start it the first of September every year.  Also to put Stabil or something in it.  He is meticulous about stuff like that--- now if I could just get him to hang some pictures.

13 minutes ago, Airehead said:

before we had the built-in, we had the same situation.  Mr. Aire used to mark it on his calendar to start it the first of September every year.  Also to put Stabil or something in it.  He is meticulous about stuff like that--- now if I could just get him to hang some pictures.

My problem, I've got to many toys to maintain, so that is the one that gets neglected.

Of course, since I moved last summer, everything seems to be neglected as I'm constantly working on bringing an 80s house into the 21st century.  And after this weekend, I do have a 30amp camper outlet in my garage (only on a 20amp breaker, but wired to 30amp spec so not going to burn anything up).

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

They are installing the generator now that the ground is level where it goes.  They are also putting the lights up on the outside of the barn.  Mostly they are putting the LED lighting in the barn.  This means I can finally get the mats off the pallets and onto the floor.  At the moment they are trenching between the house and barn.

The guy ticked me off to start because he asked where Mr. Aire was because he wanted clarification on something.  I asked what he needed.  He gave me the well it is a detail question.  So, I responded, "Well if it is a detail question, you certainly don't need Mr. Aire.  This is my barn and he doesn't get a vote."  The look on his face was ?  or maybe ?.  

Come to find out the discussion was about the fact that the lights over the garage cannot be exactly centered do to the ribbing in the metal.  Even if it wasn't my barn, Mr. Aire would want me to decide how something was going to aesthetically  look.

It was only one of the three guys who said it so I'll give the other two a chance.  All three are actually working and seem quite skilled.

Why did three guys bring three trucks one with a  trailer for the trencher?  Maybe they take them home at night?

So what kind of sandwiches did you make for him?

• Heart 2
  • Confused 1

My portable generator has been a great investment. We haven't had a power outage over 5 minutes since I bought. I take it out of the shed twice a year to check the oil and start it up. The mounted snow tires that I bought for WoJSTL's car has been a good investment in a similar way.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

My portable generator has been a great investment. We haven't had a power outage over 5 minutes since I bought. I take it out of the shed twice a year to check the oil and start it up. The mounted snow tires that I bought for WoJSTL's car has been a good investment in a similar way.

See an insurance policy

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

See an insurance policy

Based on this logic, then @Dottie will not have to use his pellet stove at all this winter and maybe next. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I do not know that one.

Several decades ago, there was an oil tycoon. He discovered one morning, that one of his largest oil wells had burst and caught fire costing him large amounts of money by the minute. He quickly called all the large disaster companies (Boot & Coots, Halliburton, etc.) for miles around, offering thirty thousand dollars to the company that could extinguish the blaze.

No luck.

Then his foreman, JSharrtpth, rolls up in his pick-em-up truck and says "Jefe, me and a few of the boys will put that out for that $30k."

Boss is in a jam, so he says "OK" & JSharrtpth drives off to get his buddies.

10 minutes later, the boss hears them coming, then sees the truck do a Rat Patrol leap over the closest hill. The truck roars down the hill and to the bosses horror, right into the conflagration (not a word JSharrtpth was familiar with).

15 guys spill out of the back of the truck & commence to furiously beating out the fire with blankets & the clothes off their backs.

10 minutes later the fire is out, the boss is overjoyed. JSharrtpth, looking like Cotton Watts,  comes up to him to collect payment, which the boss gladly hands over.

"So, JSharrtpth," the boss asks, "What you going to do with all that money?"

"The FIRST thing I'm gonna do is get the brakes on that truck fixed."

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Several decades ago, there was an oil tycoon. He discovered one morning, that one of his largest oil wells had burst and caught fire costing him large amounts of money by the minute. He quickly called all the large disaster companies (Boot & Coots, Halliburton, etc.) for miles around, offering thirty thousand dollars to the company that could extinguish the blaze.

No luck.

Then his foreman, JSharrtpth, rolls up in his pick-em-up truck and says "Jefe, me and a few of the boys will put that out for that $30k."

Boss is in a jam, so he says "OK" & JSharrtpth drives off to get his buddies.

10 minutes later, the boss hears them coming, then sees the truck do a Rat Patrol leap over the closest hill. The truck roars down the hill and to the bosses horror, right into the conflagration (not a word JSharrtpth was familiar with).

15 guys spill out of the back of the truck & commence to furiously beating out the fire with blankets & the clothes off their backs.

10 minutes later the fire is out, the boss is overjoyed. JSharrtpth, looking like Cotton Watts,  comes up to him to collect payment, which the boss gladly hands over.

"So, JSharrtpth," the boss asks, "What you going to do with all that money?"

"The FIRST thing I'm gonna do is get the brakes on that truck fixed."

That is not me!  First thing I would fix is the transmission!  

18 minutes ago, Airehead said:

The condescending guy drove the nicest truck. The youngest and nicest guy drove the box truck. They really did nice work. 

I am told this is important. Luckily people manplained it to me. LOL.  ? 

99716EF0-2E39-4849-B719-89D4D9741157.jpeg

Electricians tend to be assholes...

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dottie said:

To be fair, it's a confusing time for guys. Depending on the gal, many still want to be treated traditionally while others want equality -- or in RE's case, superiority. I play it safe and treat them as equals but this has gotten me into trouble as well.

Nominated.