MickinMD to the chess phone

jsharr

7 hours ago, jsharr said:

No.  Grandmasters make few weak moves so a game with no weak moves would not arouse suspicion by itself.

But at my level - Class A, which is below Expert which is below Master - there are enough errors made in ordinary play that following a chess engine (computer program) or getting master-level help from someone would make it obvious the game was the result of cheating because I'd have no weak moves.  Here's a computerized analysis of my last win over an opponent from South Dakota - which gave undefeated team Maryland its 5th straight win in the U.S. Team Chess League the game.  I recently studied and played a defense with the Black pieces that's new to me called the "Sicilian Defense, Taimanov Variation" and won after a game where I was very pleased with my play.

My overall accuracy was very high (97.3%) and out of 38 moves I made 27 moves the computer world champ would have made (20 best and 7 book). but that didn't stop me from making 4 inaccuracies and 1 mistake as the tables below show.  A Grandmaster might make 1 or 2 inaccuracies in a typical game.  At the bottom, an analysis of how I used the pieces showed I need to improve my Knight (83.3% accuracy) and Rook (79.7% accuracy) play, as determined by how the world computer champion, Stockfish 10, rated my moves vs the moves it likes best.

Records like this - also some blunders I've made in key games and lost - are why I have an excellent reputation at chess.com.  I've had some brilliant wins against expert/master level players, but no one ever suspects me of cheating because they have access to these same records.  Personally, I'd feel like it wasn't MY game and I'd have nothing to be personally proud of if I did cheat. The thrill of doing things like winning two games against a strong Russian player and knowing I did it myself make all the disappointments in the lost games worth suffering through.

1008458797_Chess.comIndexes.jpg.1e05a57dd632ebb9e2ae6805834e0406.jpg

1790811255_Chess.comIndexesbyposition.jpg.999b953f5714b79c8d113fbb026358d2.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1