In a non-spoiler manner

Prophet Zacharia

Can you please recap the Tour happenings of the last three days? WITHOUT telling me who won, what should I watch on my DVR tonight to get caught up? A description of the stage type would be nice, along with can’t miss events? I can’t watch 12 hours of programming today!

example: Saturday, mostly flat stage, crash at 95 Kms to go, group sprint finish.

Sunday, mixed mountain stage, nothing to see until final climb.

thx!

Some guys rode bikes, some other people stood beside the road and yelled.  Some guys played with cool computer generated graphics.  A few guys crashed.  A bike broke, there was discussion about should the motorcycles and cars be allowed so close to the riders.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Some guys rode bikes, some other people stood beside the road and yelled.  Some guys played with cool computer generated graphics.  A few guys crashed.  A bike broke, there was discussion about should the motorcycles and cars be allowed so close to the riders.

How was the debil guy? On his game? Lot of screen time?

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This makes me happy!  Isn't his name DiDi ?

I forget.  I was going to google him at the time but my phone was on the kitchen counter and was Sooooo far from the couch where I was drinking my coffee with the race on

• Heart 1

Based on the description, the end of Saturday's stage looked like one I'd want to see - I saw a little bit but we left the house around 9:30.  I spent that night in a hotel and I was disappointed that NBCSN was not on the channel list, so I couldn't see the recap.

They usually have a rest day recap show - don't they?  I'm hoping to see this then.

I also saw the devil, earlier Saturday morning I think.

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

. . .  Some guys played with cool computer generated graphics.  . . . 

I actually thought that stuff was pretty cool. Although they didn't appear to be real comfortable with it in the early days - looking in the wrong places and all. (I've never really understood how the weather guy standing in front of a green sheet always points to the right place.)

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I may have watched sunday’s Stage thinking it was Saturday’s, and today’s thinking it was Sunday’s. 

Too funny.  That happens sometimes.

I will say, the Monday stage was probably the funnest stage so far.  For folks who haven't watched, go straight to the last hour - say stating at 30 miles out - and get thinking about how exciting a long flat sprint stage can be.  Let it lull you into complacency and see if you can determine when ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

I love the sneaky stages that you don't see coming despite all the hints and shadowing and talk that makes "sense" after the fact.  I think all stages have this potential, but it is rare when it all comes together so well.  More often we have the overhyped showdown stages (like an Alpe d'Huez or Ventoux finish) where the GC battle just sorts of stays the same with not too much real drama (although there have been some wild ones recently like Froome running with his bike or when Nibali was looking great until a spectator crashed him).

Monday's stage is a highpoint so far.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Monday's stage is a highpoint so far.

I followed the newsflashes on the computer, saw who won the sprint, and shut it down (it was a busy day).  So I missed what really happened.  I almost didn't watch the rebroadcast last night, but I'm glad I did.

hey RE - can I go back and get you some water? :D

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

I followed the newsflashes on the computer, saw who won the sprint, and shut it down (it was a busy day).  So I missed what really happened.  I almost didn't watch the rebroadcast last night, but I'm glad I did.

hey RE - can I go back and get you some water? :D

I do need to read the analysis of why things happened the way they did.  The TV coverage yesterday was still trying to figure it all out, so I'm interested to see where it all went sideways.

It may or may not rival the Primoz Roglic team car's pee break during his mechanical in the Giro. I think it does rival it at least for one rider, but he may have made the choice on his own (noot under team orders?). I think sometimes even a team leader will drop back to the team car for a quick strategy discussion, but SOMEONE has to be paying attention to whether it is a good time to do that or not (it clearly was NOT).

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I do need to read the analysis of why things happened the way they did.  The TV coverage yesterday was still trying to figure it all out, so I'm interested to see where it all went sideways.

It may or may not rival the Primoz Roglic team car's pee break during his mechanical in the Giro. I think it does rival it at least for one rider, but he may have made the choice on his own (noot under team orders?). I think sometimes even a team leader will drop back to the team car for a quick strategy discussion, but SOMEONE has to be paying attention to whether it is a good time to do that or not (it clearly was NOT).

The team dinner must have been a display of a wide range of emotions.