eeeny meany miny moe, where the hell should I go

late

Airfare prices are dropping, and my health has been getting better. I saw an article today saying that prices would be real good in Sept, and sure enough, looks that way so far.

Problem is, I've got a million places I want to go. If there were no other considerations but what I want, Vienna, hands down, no questions asked, I used to have dreams about going back so strong sometimes they fooled me for a while.

We have a friend in ABQ that we promised to visit several years ago, when she visited us. She's a bit annoyed, but things did kinda get in the way.

I have a nephew that married a family, I've never met any of them. We have 2 sides to the family, my side doesn't get along with the other side, and he's the other side.

I have a friend living near my nephew. He's a bit crazy, assuming he's still even alive. But I would like to see him one last time.

The nephew is in Oregon, and ever since Grimm, I've wanted to see Vancouver. One thought is to fly into Vancouver, spend a few days, and drive down to Portland.

I came up with a trip idea years ago called Drive South. We fly into a Southern city, and then eat our way across the South. My wife grew up in Florida, so we could visit her best friend. Maybe other stuff. Sanibel island is nice, try walking the beach at dusk.

One  option that is near the top is we fly to ABQ, say hi to Anita, fly to Vancouver, see the sights for a few days, and then drive down to Portland. We'd stop and spend a day or two in Seattle, of course.

• Heart 1

I headed out on the motorcycle years ago, with no plans other than spending the day on the motorcycle. I had a pack of state maps in the fairing, when I pulled into McDonald's for breakfast I pulled one out.  :dontknow:

Planned my first bike trip to West Virginia over an egg mc muffin.   :scratchhead: 

It was like finding heaven    :hapydance: 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

I headed out on the motorcycle years ago, with no plans other than spending the day on the motorcycle. I had a pack of state maps in the fairing, when I pulled into McDonald's for breakfast I pulled one out.  :dontknow:

Planned my first bike trip to West Virginia over an egg mc muffin.   :scratchhead: 

It was like finding heaven    :hapydance: 

Those wv mountain roads are indeed heavenly on a motor sickle!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

That wouldn't be a problem for me. For one thing, I'll be going in Sept, Vienna is not a hot tourist spot, and I've been to all the popular spots. Although I would like to show the wife the Vienna Woods, and if there was a bubbly classical concert, nobody does that better.

I've been to Venice and Amsterdam. I've heard repeatedly that Venice is a zoo, that the locals are starting to go bonkers. Which is a shame, sitting in St Marks, with a cup of coffee, is some of the best ambience there is (if you like history).

2 minutes ago, late said:

That wouldn't be a problem for me. For one thing, I'll be going in Sept, Vienna is not a hot tourist spot, and I've been to all the popular spots. Although I would like to show the wife the Vienna Woods, and if there was a bubbly classical concert, nobody does that better.

I've been to Venice and Amsterdam. I've heard repeatedly that Venice is a zoo, that the locals are starting to go bonkers. Which is a shame, sitting in St Marks, with a cup of coffee, is some of the best ambience there is (if you like history).

Vienna has an amazing zoo.  I have been there and recommend if you are into zoology.

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Vienna has an amazing zoo.  I have been there and recommend if you are into zoology.

We like zoos. I didn't even know they had one, although I should have guessed. I'd like to try the Sachertorte at the Cafe Sacher, have one last Salzberger Knockerln, and a bowl of the Viennese take on Hungarian Goulash.

https://www.lilvienna.com/authentic-austrian-beef-goulash/

15 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What does the PNW have to do with Vienna? Clearly this is a plan to visit @Razors Edge in Virginia.

@Old#7 is your man in Vienna!  He even had weinerschnitzel with Jens V there :)  Or maybe just sausages mit Senf???

• Heart 1