We are having the best summer

Dirtyhip

6 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Seattle weather was great in Spring. Now it's just 'blah'

By blah do you mean cloudy mornings burning off to clear and sunny at 82 degrees? Because that has been what i have seen in Portland and Bend. DH is right. This is heavenly

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cool temps.  Clear air.  I feel we are so lucky right now, right @Dottie.  

It has been so beautiful.  The most beautiful Spring and Summer in years.  People were whining when the rain just would not let up, in Spring.  Now, we are reaping that reward of the late rains. 

We're in a "pretty good but not great" summer so far.  The rain from last year is mostly absent, the massive heat & humidity is not as bad as it could be, and there may be some opportunities for camping coming up.  On the flip side, it isn't cool enough to make it a "great" summer.  June was pretty good (almost great), but we're about to hit triple digit heat indexes for a few days.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cool temps.  Clear air.  I feel we are so lucky right now, right @Dottie.  

It has been so beautiful.  The most beautiful Spring and Summer in years.  People were whining when the rain just would not let up, in Spring.  Now, we are reaping that reward of the late rains. 

Mosquitos?

13 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

By blah do you mean cloudy mornings burning off to clear and sunny at 82 degrees? Because that has been what i have seen in Portland and Bend. DH is right. This is heavenly

No sir, it has warmed up to 77 but it's been overcast and rainy. Burn off? Blue skies? No. It's been Misty Mountain top stuff.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

We're in a "pretty good but not great" summer so far.  The rain from last year is mostly absent, the massive heat & humidity is not as bad as it could be, and there may be some opportunities for camping coming up.  On the flip side, it isn't cool enough to make it a "great" summer.  June was pretty good (almost great), but we're about to hit triple digit heat indexes for a few days.

Did my ride early today before any heat.  Today was nice.  Some days early riding is so humid that my glasses fog over and there are blinding shafts of sunlight between the trees.

34 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We have had an awesome summer so far. It’s been warm inland, in the 100’s but very mild where I live.  We have fans going but no AC yet.

OMG, I think I just threw up a little. 100's and no AC?? No can do, I don't care how dry the heat is! But, uhhh, enjoy! 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, smudge said:

OMG, I think I just threw up a little. 100's and no AC?? No can do, I don't care how dry the heat is! But, uhhh, enjoy! 

I think he said inland it is in the 100's but mild where he lives.  If he considers 100's mild, he should move to Texas, because it is super mild here!  100 with really high humidity.  Like Satan slapping you in the face with a hot steamy towel.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dottie said:

This is mostly my perception of Texas.

The upper Gulf Coast is Satan's Oily Chemical filled anus.  The lower Gulf Coast is nicer, more like an arm pit, or the back of the knee.

The piney woods is Satan's taint.

West Texas is Satan's  dry cracked heel or elbow.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, smudge said:

We don't have a working air conditioner, and our temperatures normally hit a 100F for a few days each year.  I don't think Chrisl has 100F days, but they do further inland.  I imagine those folks use swamp coolers like we used in Arizona.  They work well with low humidity, and cost less than running ac.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I think he said inland it is in the 100's but mild where he lives.  If he considers 100's mild, he should move to Texas, because it is super mild here!  100 with really high humidity.  Like Satan slapping you in the face with a hot steamy towel.

Wonder why I left your fine state and have not been back to stay for a very long time.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have a few bites.  I'll take this over clouds of smoke.  It was smoky all summer, last year.  It started in June and never let up, until Fall.  

Here in the Northeast we tend to worry about mosquito borne disease.  It's almost West Nile season.  I'm puttering around in the yard this afternoon working on eliminating potential mosquito breeding areas..

32 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Here in the Northeast we tend to worry about mosquito borne disease.  It's almost West Nile season.  I'm puttering around in the yard this afternoon working on eliminating potential mosquito breeding areas..

Also a problem in our area, and we vaccinate the horses.

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It's a dangerous planet out there.  

On 7/16/2019 at 10:09 PM, Zephyr said:

We have no mosquitos here too, not sure why.  My bedroom window does not even have screens on it and my window has been open for over 2 months.  It is weird.

I can’t leave a window without screens open, the humming birds come in and can’t figure out how to get back out. I had one get so frustrated it went to a corner and sank to the floor totally frustrated. I reached down and picked it up and it gave a sigh and fainted. I took it outside and placed it in a hanging planter. In a few minutes it woke up and flew away.

• Heart 2