I feel like having a lot of beer, and did you ever send an email that you regret?

Randomguy

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

The probability of a messed up email is in direct proportion to the number of sendees. :D

That’s probably very accurate. If you’re searching for who else to add to the “to:” list, it’s probably best to walk away.

And never send a tense email after business hours, send in the next morning after the opportunity to review. It both allows you to cool off, and not look like you’re perseverating about an issue late at night.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s probably very accurate. If you’re searching for who else to add to the “to:” list, it’s probably best to walk away.

And never send a tense email after business hours, send in the next morning after the opportunity to review. It both allows you to cool off, and not look like you’re perseverating about an issue late at night.

Abe Lincoln's practice of often not sending many of the letters he wrote is good advice. :D

Fortunately, emails were virtually unknown when I was a chief chemist in charge of three research teams and a pilot plant. When I became a teacher, I quickly learned not to put anything in writing if I didn't have to.  But there were some things I said on the phone to superiors that I soon called back to apologize for saying.

11 hours ago, wilbur said:

I feel like a beer too.  Not gonna happen right now.  

...it was hot here yesterday, so after my ride I put one of the Mexican pilsners in the freezer for about 15 minutes, to get it really cold. Then I cut up a fresh lemon and drank that ice cold beer alternating with sucking on lemon wedges, the same way you do tequila shots. It was pretty good. :) 

• Heart 1

When I was young and dumb email wasn’t a thing but I said a few things in anger (once to my bosses boss) that I probably shouldn’t have.  

I remember faxing a scathing memo to the firms corporate leadership once.  I had Corporate HR tell me I had to promote a minority as it was in all of our best interest to do so even though i didn’t feel the minority was the best candidate.  A few weeks before this I was told I wasn’t being considered for a promotion and was told it was due to lack of experience.  

I basically called out HR as being hypocrites and told them if by that logic then I’m due a promotion too.  They dropped the whole thing. I blew doors shortly after.

11 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

The emails i regret are usually just because i forgot the attachment. 

A classic event. Likewise, the "reply ALL" screw up.  Or the "stayed in draft, never sent" email that makes you angry you haven't gotten a response to yet.

I did text one of my teenage nieces a beer drinking comment that was instead intended for my brother.  That's was lucky considering some of the text messages I exchange with my brothers :whistle: