Happy Wednesday

Kzoo

Happy Wednesday everyone.  Lottsa stuff going on.  Signed G up for a crit this weekend (Indiana State Championship).  Signed him up for tri junior nats.  Emmy had pitching last nigh and then practice.  Hitting tonight and then practice.  Just practice tomorrow and Friday.  G is riding/running every day.  Oh, and I have to work.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Dottie said:

I'm off to visit the cardiologist today. Working from the coffee shop this morning. Posting drivel here.

Always recommended to load up on caffeine right before a visit with the cardiologist.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

I did some shopping today. How did I spend over $200 on groceries when there are just two of us?  Oops, just remembered $40 on a booster seat. Granddaughter turned four, she informed us she was too old for the car seat now.

i had three links taken out of the band on my watch I got for Father’s Day. I called a jeweler and ask if they did that. They said they didn’t have the tools to do a Michael Kors watch, they told me to try the kiosk at the mall. I entered the mall through Penny’s. As I was walking past the jewelry department I noticed a cute lady behind the counter with nothing to do. I asked if they adjusted watch bands and she said she would be glad to. I told her I didn’t buy the watch there. She said it didn’t matter. She took out two links and had me try it, stil a bit loose. She took out one more and it was perfect. She didn’t even charge me.

59130219-BE75-424D-960F-C9F2D06C8981.thumb.jpeg.43269ac36a6888b0dc0a39d6b68cd1fd.jpeg806DD185-F45A-4C0B-B4E2-AAA1DE5A7A8D.thumb.jpeg.0f4f13af4a7e26ccfbcc34461c4dbc57.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

My car was ready for pick up when I left work. I stopped at the shop to pay them. Considered how to drive two cars at the same time.......Drove one car home and rode the bicycle back for the other.

Was going to stretch the 4 mile ride into 10, but it started to rain pretty hard and I went straight to the shop. It actually was pretty nice riding in the warm rain and I should have stuck to my original plan.

Cross 3 ridges between my house and the shop. Uphill both ways   :D 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Further said:

My car was ready for pick up when I left work. I stopped at the shop to pay them. Considered how to drive two cars at the same time.......Drove one car home and rode the bicycle back for the other.

Was going to stretch the 4 mile ride into 10, but it started to rain pretty hard and I went straight to the shop. It actually was pretty nice riding in the warm rain and I should have stuck to my original plan.

Cross 3 ridges between my house and the shop. Uphill both ways   :D 

In 3 feet of snow?

We had a bar near the forge shop. They opened at 7am for the guys working midnight shift (and anyone else who was thirsty at 7am). Some days the parking lot would be full of cars and I would be afraid it would be crowded, I hate crowds. I walk in and there are only three guys there. I asked them how many cars they drove today? They said those cars were left over from last night.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, Longjohn said:

We had a bar near the forge shop. They opened at 7am for the guys working midnight shift (and anyone else who was thirsty at 7am). Some days the parking lot would be full of cars and I would be afraid it would be crowded, I hate crowds. I walk in and there are only three guys there. I asked them how many cars they drove today? They said those cars were left over from last night.

One of my best memories of my working life was drinking and shooting pool at 7 am in dans bicentennial shithouse. :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Last night my wife came home absolutely reeking of garlic. She said the fra davalo sauce was too strong and it made her sick, so she saved me her leftovers. Gee, thanks!  Today my lunch smells like garlic as does everything else in the fridge!

Now I’m hungry for some garlic hot wings. One of the guys at work would take orders every night for a take out place that would deliver food to the shop. The only thing I would sometimes order were their garlic hot wings. They were very hot and they were covered with chunks of garlic.

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Now I’m hungry for some garlic hot wings. One of the guys at work would take orders every night for a take out place that would deliver food to the shop. The only thing I would sometimes order were their garlic hot wings. They were very hot and they were covered with chunks of garlic.

You could saunter over to your local bicentennial shithouse and order some up and have a beer with the night shift guys! :D. They would be surprised to see you!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You could saunter over to your local bicentennial shithouse and order some up and have a beer with the night shift guys! :D. They would be surprised to see you!

I wonder if I would know anyone that stops in there now? They have hired a lot of people since I retired. They even hired a really cute girl, that makes two women working there now.

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I wonder if I would know anyone that stops in there now? They have hired a lot of people since I retired. They even hired a really cute girl, that makes two women working there now.

Sad to see those new people entering a life of crime. Don't they know that forgery is illegal?

• Haha 1