No Shirt, No Helmet, No Worries

Razors Edge

I've seen this guy before, but I ran across him on yesterday's ride and was happily surprised at the nice little draft he offers.  I'd usually just pass him and keep rolling, but we were on a slight downhill before the trail turned up again, so I just enjoyed a minute of peaceful drafting.  After I passed him though, I like that he tagged along for a bit before the elastic snapped. Definitely an interesting set-up with the MTB frame, but little stubby aerobars on the middle of his flat bar.  And a pretty quiet set of tires despite their width.  Usually MTB tires make quite a hum, but his tires must have a smooth strip in the center of the tread.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Both cameras working together make cool videos. Makes me want to put my stuff on the bike.

Yeah, I could eventually figure out picture-in-picture and split screen, as well as GPS overlays.  Right now, just doing the tiny effort required wears me down.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah, I could eventually figure out picture-in-picture and split screen, as well as GPS overlays.  Right now, just doing the tiny effort required wears me down.

It's a complex thing to make good film. Even basic editing takes a lot of time.

I use the Garmin Virb freebee software.

I downloaded the Hit Film Express, but it was pretty complicated, and I think I'll throw that on a different laptop.  It screwed with my main laptop's audio settings, so I had to delete and reinstall the drivers after I removed HFE. Not GOOD ?

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

complicated

Most are. The field is more complex than people realize.

It's a good idea to use the power company property easement for a paved trail. Maintenance crews can drive right up there to do their work.

That guy could probably beat you bad if he worked on his form a little. :P