Diazepam rules

Dirtyhip

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

So chill. 

This keeps my from punching the hygienist in the vag.

I hate the dentist and their mid evil shit.

That third sentence cleared a lot of stuff up for me.  

That second sentence left me wondering "Just what is she having cleaned and how hard is the other person scrubbing?"

• Haha 3

My daughter is a newly licensed dental hygienist and she would tell me stories of the people completely frightened in the chair.  

Hygienists can give the shots, I wasn’t aware of this!?!?  My kid used to give my mom insulin shots so good thing she’s not squeamish.

It's Effexor for me. Gyn prescribed for my hot flashes.  It's an antidepressant. I think she prescribed it so I stop growling at her nurses when they call our office to add on one of her OB patients for a "stat" exam. (And yes, stat in quotes....cuz they aren't stat!)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

They come at my face with pointy tools. Makes me want to block them and I squirm a whole bunch too. They find it easier to drug me.

I hate strongly dislike those bastiges as well.  My BP goes up to the point that I have to let them know that I see my Dr. every 3 months and my BP is fine there.

Metal pointy tools scraping on my teeth is not fun.

16 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I just wear my gun.  When they say "Let me know if there is pain" I always say "Don't worry, you'll know"

They are always gentle.  Plus I floss a lot so I don't have a real potty mouth anyway

I use those little green toothpicks with the built in flosser. That helps a lot too. 

• Heart 2

Once you find a GENTLE dental hygienist, hold on to them.  They are pure gold.  About 25 years ago, I had a horrible cleaning.  Didn't go back for like five years.  I'm lucky in that my adult teeth are pretty hardy, but luckily when I started back, I found a series of gentle dental hygienists and have only needed "maintenance work" on fillings from many, many years ago.

• Heart 1

I had a cleaning/checkup this morning.  As I was walking in from the car it occurred to me that I don't really sweat a dentist's visit anymore.  

No cavities, no watches, some sensitivity and recession but it seems that at least it's not getting worse.  Good for another six months.

Twice in my life I have gone 5+ years without seeing a dentist.  At best that was silly, and at worst it was a mistake I'll pay dearly for at some point.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Are you one of the people that throws them on the road?  Whenever I go for a ride, I see tons of them.  Why?

This grossed me out. So people do this in their cars which means they floss and swallow any crap. That is disgusting. 

My dentist used to do the cleaning with the help of her main hygienist.  They were wonderful - so sweet and nice, and really competent.  Then she hired another hygienist who is also a very nice person, but she does everything much more slowly and I have a harder time with her. 

I have a great dentist and I trust him absolutely. No problem with dentists and my best extraction was done while in the Army, sitting in a kitchen chair in a tent in Northern Greece.....never felt a thing.

Thinking of getting one of those jet water pick things instead of using the miniature things which look like tiny toilet brushes.