Giving up sugar

Square Wheels

Saw yet another doc yesterday, this one is giving me pain meds / muscle relaxants.  May / may not help with the bladder pain.

She also suggested that it could be an inflammatory process related to sugar.  When they tried to cauterize the inside bleeding spots last week, they first needed to add some saline.  After about 200 mls, it started bleeding for most places.  Very fragile tissue.

She actually suggested I give up sugar.

If anyone is addicted to sugar it's me.  I remember eating sugar with a spoon as a kid.

I will not go cold turkey, but I have already started reducing.  This will be hard.

Gluten-free, vegan, sugar free.  What the ef am I supposed to eat?

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, Parr8hed said:

I've tried this various times with some success.  Biggest problem with me is morning coffee.  I can do without most other stuff.  

From where I was about 5 years ago to where I am now, I've decreased tremendously.  I have a friend at work that used to put over 20 packets of sugar in their coffee, they are down to about 15.  I have tried no sugar in my tea, and have settled on adding a single packet of turbinado sugar.  For now.

Just now, Parr8hed said:

Off topic:  CBD oil?  To help with inflammation?

Is that pot oil? 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

yep.  I don't use it,  but I know a lot of people who swear by it for it's anti-inflammation properties.  Might be something worth checking into.  

:(

I've never taken an illegal drug in my life, but now it's legal (by the state) in Massachusetts.  It's still a federal crime.

I may consider.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's still a federal crime.

CBD oil?  Man, that is one heckuva an ignored vague law, then.

"But at the federal level, CBD in food and drink is still illegal. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits adding even approved drugs to human or animal food in interstate commerce.

The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp, but the legal status of hemp-derived cannabidiol remains in limbo. This is largely because CBD can be derived from hemp or cannabis, but if a hemp plant contains more than 0.3 percent THC (the active “high” ingredient in marijuana) it is then technically a “marijuana” plant. It’s confusing. Experts say drafting and implementing regulations could take years."

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Saw yet another doc yesterday, this one is giving me pain meds / muscle relaxants.  May / may not help with the bladder pain.

She also suggested that it could be an inflammatory process related to sugar.  When they tried to cauterize the inside bleeding spots last week, they first needed to add some saline.  After about 200 mls, it started bleeding for most places.  Very fragile tissue.

If anyone is addicted to sugar it's me.  I remember eating sugar with a spoon as a kid.

I will not go cold turkey, but I have already started reducing.  This will be hard.

I have been sugar free for 18 months.  The cravings go away.  I thought it was just inflammation but I am actually allergic to sugar.   I actually get lesions on the skin if I eat sugar. I would suggest you add some proteins back in.  Poultry and fish. Sugar cravings are normally a magnesium deficiency so you may try a supplement.   Some foods are just toxic to some people so give it a try.  What if that is causing bladder issues? 

• Heart 2

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I've never taken an illegal drug in my life, but now it's legal (by the state) in Massachusetts.  It's still a federal crime.

I may consider.

Joe Rogan talks a lot about it on his podcast.  I know that there are certain oils that have THC and certain ones that don't.  Some oils are more recreation and can get you "high" and some don't.  I am very rookie at this, and I feel somewhat like you.  POT IS BAD!!!  But wait, is it?  I know a lot of people that use it and swear by it.  If it can help you it is certainly worth doing some investigation with.  And talk to someone that knows something, not someone like me.  

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Image result for glass of water

35 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I have been sugar free for 18 months.  The cravings go away.  I thought it was just inflammation but I am actually allergic to sugar.   I actually get lesions on the skin if I eat sugar. I would suggest you add some proteins back in.  Poultry and fish. Sugar cravings are normally a magnesium deficiency so you may try a supplement.   Some foods are just toxic to some people so give it a try.  What if that is causing bladder issues? 

The cravings are better the less I eat.

Do you eat fruit?

45 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

yep.  I don't use it,  but I know a lot of people who swear by it for it's anti-inflammation properties.  Might be something worth checking into.  

Not pot. Hemp.

Does not make you high at all. No THC

Far less fun but safe alternate for pain.

My wife gave up sugar in March when she realized she was getting intense pain in her back/ribs a few hours after eating something high in sugar. They say cancer cells feed on sugar. Since I do all the cooking I gave up sugar as well. I still ate berries. I never noticed any change in my health. Last week I went to an all you can eat ice cream social and ate sugar. I haven’t been eating it since.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I may consider.

Umm, no.

THC yes, CBD no.

My pot pills are mostly CBD. They do help with inflammation, but it's a gentle effect.

You asked what you could do. I've been experimenting with artificial sweeteners. I've noticed a blend of a small amount of sugar or honey with 2 or 3 artificial sweeteners, in tiny amounts, is tolerable.

But in your case, I'd suggest going cold turkey.

Google up low glycemic foods, you need to go low.

Then google up Keto. I am not suggesting you go keto, but your main foods should all be keto friendly. So you need to know what's Keto.

Here's a trick to sneak potatoes into your diet. Only get the purple ones, they are higher in protein and lower in starch. Cook them whole, and don't cook them real soft, or mash or anything. Put a little butter, salt, pepper, and consider yourself lucky to have them at all.

Consider getting a blood sugar monitor. You are going to lie to yourself, at least I do.

Consider getting a used gym treadmill. Or a new one, but the good ones are quite expensive, expect to pay 4 or 5K new... What you want to do is get up, make your coffee and get on the treadmill. I did 40 minutes of walking this morning, I'm shooting for an hour. That will clean a lot of crap out. I alternate riding and walking, although I am not up to doing that riding yet. Besides, a good bike ride will also clean a lot of calories out that are clogging up your system.

If you get serious about this approach, we can talk about making a vitamin that will compensate for things like fruit.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I may consider.

Fuck big government being up your ass in every little way!   Illegal, my ass, who give a flying fuck about legality?  Certainly not federal state or local governments, not unless they can use it to extract money from you.  

If something helps, it is your civic duty to say your home and your business is sovereign, tell ‘em to fuck off and you’ll do what you want for relief of whatever.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, late said:

Consider getting a blood sugar monitor. You are going to lie to yourself, at least I do.

If SW isn’t diabetic I don’t know how a glucose meter will help.  His body produces the insulin necessary to process the glucose so his numbers wouldn’t be influenced much by what he eats.

• Heart 1

Just now, ChrisL said:

If SW isn’t diabetic I don’t know how a glucose meter will help.  His body produces the insulin necessary to process the glucose so his numbers wouldn’t be influenced much by what he eats.

That could well be.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Fuck the vegan part. Ditch the sugar and eat cow!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Joe Rogan talks a lot about it on his podcast.  I know that there are certain oils that have THC and certain ones that don't.  Some oils are more recreation and can get you "high" and some don't.  I am very rookie at this, and I feel somewhat like you.  POT IS BAD!!!  But wait, is it?  I know a lot of people that use it and swear by it.  If it can help you it is certainly worth doing some investigation with.  And talk to someone that knows something, not someone like me.  

Fuck that, just try it and if you like it, continue.  So if you get pot, you get high.  You could use some stepping outside of your head a little bit.   If you get cbd and it works, keep at it.  Effects are synergistic if you combine the thc and cbd.  Do that, fuck everyone and everything that are attempting to control you and your mindset. 

A buncha fat-fuck old bastards saying “pot is horrible” without the thinnest shred of evidence, all while giving the ok to cigarette companies to hook and kill you, same with sugar. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Fuck that, just try it and if you like it, continue.  So if you get pot, you get high.  You could use some stepping outside of your head a little bit.   If you get cbd and it works, keep at it.  Effects are synergistic if you combine the thc and cbd.  Do that, fuck everyone and everything that are attempting to control you and your mindset. 

A buncha fat-fuck old bastards saying “pot is horrible” without the thinnest shred of evidence, all while giving the ok to cigarette companies to hook and kill you, same with sugar. 

When you're right, you're right. Drugs are bad m'kay?

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

...the nerve of some people.

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I may consider.

...I had considered saying something about the various uses of pot in treating pain, back when I was trying to keep you from killing yourself in the hospital.  But I thought it might be too much new information for the situation.  Anyway, there's a tonne of decent experimental evidence that seems to indicate some people with pain (actually a broad sampling of various pain syndromes) can be helped by Mary d'you wanna.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

The cravings are better the less I eat.

Do you eat fruit?

Inedia 

...it's the new Veganism.

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

From where I was about 5 years ago to where I am now, I've decreased tremendously.  I have a friend at work that used to put over 20 packets of sugar in their coffee, they are down to about 15.  I have tried no sugar in my tea, and have settled on adding a single packet of turbinado sugar.  For now.

Is that pot oil? 

What kind of tea are you drinking? I find it easier to go sugar free with a flavored tea. Several from Tea Source: Blueberry Fields, Georgia Sunshine, and Minnesota Nice are a few that I found easy to do without sugar..and yes..the less you consume the less you will crave. Get your sugar from fruit.

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

If something helps, it is your civic duty to say your home and your business is sovereign, tell ‘em to fuck off and you’ll do what you want for relief of whatever.  

I realized that this is at once liberal hippie lawbreaker shit coupled with dumbshit teabaggery spoutings.  

Take that, you black & white thinking neander-assfaces, think for your own damn selves for a change!

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Sequel 

Seriously, if people didn't try pot (or cbd, because people too scared to do research tend to be knee-jerk reactionary types) because it WAS illegal, have you ever asked yourself why is it illegal?  If no obvious harm is shown, and ALL that the fuddy-duddy type people could come up with was that people who are stoned can't accomplish much (some people accomplish a great deal more stoned), then shouldn't the thing in the forefront of your mind be questioning why people who are too stupid to govern are in fact governing and why people to evil to tell the truth are setting policy alongside these people?

Plus, now that it is suddenly legal and suddenly not horrible as was told to you as gospel truth, wouldn't you also question if the people in office are fit to govern?

There is a lot of evidence that sugar is an inflammatory agent.  I will greatly reduce it and see if it helps.  My discomfort is constant, being constantly stoned is not a good option. 

Why do you think you would be constantly stoned, or even stoned in any little way?

You suggested pot to alleviate the pain.  If it hurts most of the time, including while sleeping, I don't feel thats a good option.

You are completely ignorant, I say that in the most respectful and kind way I can.  Don't worry though, everybody is or was at some point, you just have to quit being some hyper-lied to no-researching sack of lazy shit regarding this CBD business.  Literally fuck everything you have ever heard from a lawmaker in your life, because you can pretty much guarantee that they are lying or are completely out of touch with reality.  That is step one.

Step two is to march your hairy poodle-like ass to a dispensary and get some granola or chocolate or gluten-free CBD edibles of 10 milligrams or so and take one.  Observe.  Repeat over 5 days or so.  If it works for you somewhat, you take more if you want greater effect.   It will probably work for you to some degree, it isn't some bullshit scam like Tylenol that doesn't do shit.  Won't work for everyone, but it works like a charm at varying degrees for lots of folks (70+%) and no real side effects except relaxation, and you won't be high in the slightest.

Step three is if you want to sleep better.  Get some edibles that have equal amounts of THC and CBD, and take one hour before going to bed.  Make sure the THC is derived from an Indica variant, as sleepiness will result rather than the giggles.  At some point(about 45 minutes after eating the edible) you will begin to get a little high (tiny bit) at first, and this is when you should bang the living shit out of Speed Demon, sex is much better at this point.   Once you are done with that, just go to sleep.  You won't get really stoned, in fact you will sleep through all but the beginning stages of it, but you get the synergistic effect of the combination of CBD and THC.

Step 4 is to wake up and go about your business and take just the CBD during the day so you will get benefits while not being high at all.  No fuss, no muss, all legal-like and effective to some degree for the bulk of the people that try it.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You suggested pot to alleviate the pain.  If it hurts most of the time, including while sleeping, I don't feel thats a good option.

I suggested CBD.  That said, your quote "If it hurts most of the time, including while sleeping, I don't feel thats a good option" is a statement that makes no sense whatsever.  If it hurts most of the time, including sleeping, and all the other shit is NOT working, then that makes it an excellent option as compared to the shit that DOESN'T WORK.

I am not a pot head, and I don't like hate smoke, so I don't do that.  The edibles are the best way. in my mind, to get benefits.  Seriously, quit trying shit that hasn't ever worked and try something that works for more than 2/3's of the people that try it.  At the very least you can rule it out then in case you are one of the 30% or so it does nothing for.  It isn't illegal, no law will be broken at all.  You tried other stuff that doesn't work.  Seriously, what do you possibly have to lose at this point?  

Of course, if you want to try pot, there is this dire warning to think about:

58 minutes ago, Dottie said:

People who think hemp is all intoxicating are wrong. I have had CBDs and it does nothing in the 'stoned' factor.

54 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Seriously, if people didn't try pot ...

...my wife is staying overnight in Marin and I am seriously stoned right now.  This would be a good chance to talk about the American Bald eagle I saw along the American river trail on my ride yesterday.  It flew over me on the bridge, and then continued down river until it was out of sight.  I thought I saw "MAGA" spray painted on its tail, but it was hard to make out. I hardly ever see eagles here.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...my wife is staying overnight in Marin and I am seriously stoned right now.  This would be a good chance to talk about the American Bald eagle I saw along the American river trail on my ride yesterday.  It flew over me on the bridge, and then continued down river until it was out of sight.  I thought I saw "MAGA" spray painted on its tail, but it was hard to make out. I hardly ever see eagles here.

Read this to my wife. She laughed.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

The hell you say!

6bd.png

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1