Giving up sugar

Square Wheels

48 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You are completely ignorant, I say that in the most respectful and kind way I can.  Don't worry though, everybody is or was at some point, you just have to quit being some hyper-lied to no-researching sack of lazy shit regarding this CBD business.  Literally fuck everything you have ever heard from a lawmaker in your life, because you can pretty much guarantee that they are lying or are completely out of touch with reality.  That is step one.

Step two is to march your hairy poodle-like ass to a dispensary and get some granola or chocolate or gluten-free CBD edibles of 10 milligrams or so and take one.  Observe.  Repeat over 5 days or so.  If it works for you somewhat, you take more if you want greater effect.   It will probably work for you to some degree, it isn't some bullshit scam like Tylenol that doesn't do shit.  Won't work for everyone, but it works like a charm at varying degrees for lots of folks (70+%) and no real side effects except relaxation, and you won't be high in the slightest.

Step three is if you want to sleep better.  Get some edibles that have equal amounts of THC and CBD, and take one hour before going to bed.  Make sure the THC is derived from an Indica variant, as sleepiness will result rather than the giggles.  At some point(about 45 minutes after eating the edible) you will begin to get a little high (tiny bit) at first, and this is when you should bang the living shit out of Speed Demon, sex is much better at this point.   Once you are done with that, just go to sleep.  You won't get really stoned, in fact you will sleep through all but the beginning stages of it, but you get the synergistic effect of the combination of CBD and THC.

Step 4 is to wake up and go about your business and take just the CBD during the day so you will get benefits while not being high at all.  No fuss, no muss, all legal-like and effective to some degree for the bulk of the people that try it.

People are different.

I prefer there to be more CBD than THC. If I was in a lot of pain, I'd want to increase both, not sure of where the ratio would wind up. When I had cancer, I couldn't get medical  pot, or seed. But I think it would still be more CBD.

I certainly don't disagree with your advice, but I spent a lot of time on a medical pot forum. Some strains seemed to work better for some guys than others, although they all were heavy hitters.

YMMV...

Something he might want to do is to buy some low dose CBD, and add that to some medical pot.

I've read the quality of CBD products is all over the map. Hopefully a good dispensary will have tested their product, so they know it's got what it says on the label.

I'd also like to mention that exercise can be extremely helpful, if you can find something you are able to do, even if it's shuffle along on a treadmill. Been there, done that.

17 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Fuck that, just try it and if you like it, continue.  So if you get pot, you get high.  You could use some stepping outside of your head a little bit.   If you get cbd and it works, keep at it.  Effects are synergistic if you combine the thc and cbd.  Do that, fuck everyone and everything that are attempting to control you and your mindset. 

A buncha fat-fuck old bastards saying “pot is horrible” without the thinnest shred of evidence, all while giving the ok to cigarette companies to hook and kill you, same with sugar. 

I agree with you 100%.  My post was meant to say the same, I guess it came across wrong.  I have been anti pot for a long time but my way of thinking is certainly evolving.  I doubt that I go out and smoke the reefer but I am open to people who do.  I don't judge (anymore).

20 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Not pot. Hemp. 

Does not make you high at all. No THC

Far less fun but safe alternate for pain. 

Hemp OR pot derived.

13 hours ago, Dottie said:

CBD != THC

I'm a fan of folks using pot and pot (& hemp) derivatives for an assortment of issues - from anxiety to pain to nausea - but not discussing it ACCURATELY never helps to actually FIX the stupidity at the Federal and State levels. 

------------------------------

Wiki is pretty clear from the legal standpoint (ie - it is a complicated mess):

As of April 2019, CBD extracted from marijuana remains a Schedule I Controlled Substance,[32][68][69][70] and is not approved as a prescription drug, dietary supplement, or allowed for interstate commerce in the United States. CBD derived from hemp (with 0.3% THC or lower) was delisted as a federally scheduled substance by the 2018 Farm Bill. FDA regulations still apply: hemp CBD is legal to sell as a cosmetics ingredient, but despite a common misconception, because it is an active ingredient in an FDA-approved drug, cannot be sold under federal law as an ingredient in food, dietary supplements, or animal food.[71] It is a common misconception that the legal ability to sell hemp (which may contain CBD) makes CBD legal.

-------------------------------

And these CBD merchants are pretty clear about the relationship between CBD and THC and the hemp & marijuana:

Does CBD Oil Have THC?

Whenever we discuss CBD, one of the most common questions asked is “does CBD oil have THC?”

Like most questions, there isn’t a strict “yes” or “no” answer. The answer is yes, but it requires context and a little background information.

If you’re considering trying CBD but need to know the answer to this question, we’ve got you. Read on to learn more about the relationship between CBD from hemp and THC.

CBD From Hemp vs. Marijuana

There are two sources of CBD oil. One source is the hemp plant, while the other comes from the marijuana plant.

These two sources vary in their genetic makeup and the purpose for which people grow them.

Marijuana plants contain a higher level of THC, which is a psychoactive drug that binds to the endocannabinoid system’s cannabinoid 1 receptors. It’s the agent inside of marijuana that gets you “high”.

People grow hemp plants for their seeds and stalk. It’s used for textiles, clothes, food, and other industrial purposes. A plant must contain less than .3% of THC to be considered hemp.

All our products come from hemp and are legal in all 50 states.

What’s The Difference Between CBD And THC?

As stated above, THC is the substance in marijuana that produces the euphoric high feeling. It binds to the cannabinoid 1 receptors found throughout your body.

Although CBD and THC both come from the cannabis plant, they are different on a molecular level and produce different results.

CBD doesn’t bind with the CB1 receptors. In fact, it actually acts as an antagonist to these receptors. It contains no psychoactive properties, which is why it’s legal in the United States so long as it’s properly sourced.

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Seriously, what do you possibly have to lose at this point?  

1000000% TRUE!!!  Seriously, @Square Wheels, RG is spot on - over and over again - in this thread.  You're at a bad point with your situation, and CDB (or even pot) is a very reasonable option to pursue NOW.  It doesn't work miracles for everyone, but you owe it to yourself and your family to not toss a potential life-changing fix aside due to preconceived (and outdated & incorrect) notions on what CBD, THC, or pot can do for folks in bad situations.  You won't get addicted. You won't become a numb & dumb "pothead". You won't become some Walter White-like character. But you MIGHT just find it helps -  little or a lot.  But you have to try it first. 

I have constant pain due to a broken back and did try hemp oil but it did nothing for me. After reading this thread I've just ordered some CD edibles and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may work.

SW......stop buggering around and try some of these suggestions. It makes no sense to go on suffering and complaining when there are solutions around that may work. To continue suffering and living a life of low quality does not make you a better person, and you have to take on the responsibility for improving what appears to be an impossible situation for yourself and those closest to you.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, Razors Edge said:

CBD oil?  Man, that is one heckuva an ignored vague law, then.

"But at the federal level, CBD in food and drink is still illegal. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act prohibits adding even approved drugs to human or animal food in interstate commerce.

The 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp, but the legal status of hemp-derived cannabidiol remains in limbo. This is largely because CBD can be derived from hemp or cannabis, but if a hemp plant contains more than 0.3 percent THC (the active “high” ingredient in marijuana) it is then technically a “marijuana” plant. It’s confusing. Experts say drafting and implementing regulations could take years."

But the issue that article is bringing up is about having CBD added to food or beverages and transported over state line. @Square Wheel can buy CBD oil locally and not be in violation of any laws.

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My daughter the doctor thinks CBD is snake oil.

CBD and THC work together. CBD, by itself, is going to have limited effectiveness by itself.

Put the two together, and you can help people with debilitating chronic pain.

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

My daughter the doctor thinks CBD is snake oil.

The doctor is full of uninformed or pre-opininionated shit.  I can say that definitively, having used cbd for severe pain personally.  

Doctors tend to stay with the whole “guard your turf” western medical/pharmaceutical party line.   Sometimes they are right, like with homeopathy, but a pill that a doctor is needed for will bias your thinking the fuck up when compared to a self-prescribed model. 

26 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Oh, now we're taking advice from a pothead???? WTF is this place turning into????

I am not an animal!

I would pee super clean right now, btw. I don’t really want to pee super clean, I want to go visit SW this weekend and do edibles with him the right way.  I would stay there and expect Speed Demon to make vegan breakfast every day.  

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am not an animal!

I would pee super clean right now, btw. I don’t really want to pee super clean, I want to go visit SW this weekend and do edibles with him the right way.  I would stay there and expect Speed Demon to make vegan breakfast every day.   

My brother dropped by here a few weeks ago up in MA for edibles.  45 mins south of Cambridge.  OR, on your way to his place!!!  Roadtrip in a BMW CONVERTIBLE!!! Bring RO!

IMG_0617.thumb.jpeg.edfcde4f8991a075e1fb47b6b0e721bf.jpeg

image.png.7a5de9b93aa293669febcca109b9299d.png

@Square Wheel have you looked into whole body cryogenic therapy?  It is purported to be great at reducing inflammation.  My sister has tried it just to check it out.  She says you come out of the chamber a different person.  Obviously the effects are not long lasting and you can't just put one of these in the spare bedroom but if I was looking for reduction in inflammation I'd give it a try.

3 minutes in -300* sounds............ challenging.

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

@Square Wheel have you looked into whole body cryogenic therapy?  It is purported to be great at reducing inflammation.  My sister has tried it just to check it out.  She says you come out of the chamber a different person.  Obviously the effects are not long lasting and you can't just put one of these in the spare bedroom but if I was looking for reduction in inflammation I'd give it a try.

3 minutes in -300* sounds............ challenging. 

Saw it on Shark Tank!