Hey Smudge!!!!! (and wilbur I guess)

jsharr

Just now, wilbur said:

Money well spent!  

Agreed.  Even with a generous tip I feel like I get more than my monies worth.  He is a very nice man.  I wonder what he would say if I asked him to pose for a picture with me for my imaginary friends?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, jsharr said:

I tucked them in for Smudge so she could see my the uppers.

I need to get my black ropers from my son and let Mr. Charles shine them next.

I really need to go buy a new pair of black boots.

Do you have to wear a cowboy hat the same color as your boots?  Is that texican etiquette?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I tucked them in for Smudge so she could see my the uppers.

I need to get my black ropers from my son and let Mr. Charles shine them next.

I really need to go buy a new pair of black boots.

What I like most about it is those boots fly in the face of that computer screen in the background. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I can honestly say I have never worn or owned a pair of cowboy boots...

But hey they look great on you...

You need to change this.  Cowboy boots rock.  Can be worn with a suit or jeans.  Last forever if you buy good boots, Comfortable, durable and timeless.

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Does Charles sell pointy toed boots?  Cowboy boots have pointy toes.  Please replace those with pointy toed boots immediately.

And apologize for calling those cowboy boots.

I get more compliements on these square toes than I do my round toes.  My black boots are pretty pointy and have a riding heel vs the walking heels on my other boots.

SH-257386-CF-5721-B?$zm$

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

You need to change this.  Cowboy boots rock.  Can be worn with a suit or jeans.  Last forever if you buy good boots, Comfortable, durable and timeless.

For Texans maybe.  Us Californians do sandals, not boots.

I still have a pair of high end patrol boots from back in the day. Good quality footwear does last.

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I get more compliements on these square toes than I do my round toes.  My black boots are pretty pointy and have a riding heel vs the walking heels on my other boots.

SH-257386-CF-5721-B?$zm$

Now you're talk'n.  Either this or some ropers but not those hybrid poo kicking/motorcycle things in your first pic.

I'll bet Mr. Charles laughs every time you walk away. 

"All hat and no boots"

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Now you're talk'n.  Either this or some ropers but not those hybrid poo kicking/motorcycle things in your first pic.

I'll bet Mr. Charles laughs every time you walk away. 

"All hat and no boots"

So remind me again, why a native Texan would want to take cowboy boot advice from a Michigander?

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jsharr said:

Agreed.  Even with a generous tip I feel like I get more than my monies worth.  He is a very nice man.  I wonder what he would say if I asked him to pose for a picture with me for my imaginary friends?

Please do

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

I went and saw Mr. Charles at lunch today.

15633943546874539656426456999934.jpg

Ahh yes. Square toed brown. My favorite cowboy boots when I was a kid were my square toed browns. 

We had horses and a small saddle shop. I was more interested my grandparents' dairy farm, but those boots worked well for both. Even worked great with my 80cc Yamaha!!

Gimme square toed boots any day. Very nice!

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Always.  And the belt buckle must be large enough to eat a large breakfast off of.

Mine is just a pewter buckle with a rope banding in gold and the letter S on it.  The belt must have shrunk though as it no longer goes around my waist.  Tooled and painted leather belt with "jsharr" on the back.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Tooled and painted leather belt with "jsharr" on the back.

That is so....... Texan.

If you are going to use it to remember who you are, shouldn't your name be on the front so you don't have to take it off to figure it out.

Officer: "What's your name son?"

jsharr:  "Just a minute. let me check." (unbuckles belt and gets tased)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

That is so....... Texan.

If you are going to use it to remember who you are, shouldn't your name be on the front so you don't have to take it off to figure it out.

Officer: "What's your name son?"

jsharr:  "Just a minute. let me check." (unbuckles belt and gets tased)

You should have seen my snuff can lid back when I used to dip snuff.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, Kzoo said:

Maybe you shouldn’t but I’ve  known a few cowboys and they owned pointy toed boots.

I thought they only owned pointy cowboy boots.  Point cowboy boots would be the only type I would personally buy, but I still wouldn't be a cowboy or a cowpoke.

16 hours ago, jsharr said:

You should have seen my snuff can lid back when I used to dip snuff.

Stop this at once.

You are merely confirming all of my batshit thoughts of what a Texan should be and this is not at all healthy. Move on to discussing your flower arranging and quilt-making hobbies in order to restore my equilibrium please.....thank you.

4 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Stop this at once.

You are merely confirming all of my batshit thoughts of what a Texan should be and this is not at all healthy. Move on to discussing your flower arranging and quilt-making hobbies in order to restore my equilibrium please.....thank you.

I studied floral design at university and I have not dipped snuff in 20 years now.