Anybody out there own a Tuff Shed??

Dottleshead

I have been out in person and checked them out. Solid materials and solidly built and I can customize it the way I want. But PRICEY. 

At this point I probably will buck up and buy a shed than go down a dark hole with my friend again. But I don't want anything mediocre after dumping that cash into the foundation.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

If the firewood catches fire, it really doesn't matter what the shed is.

...that's one way of looking at it.  Generally, firewood in a pile is slower to become fully involved, because the way it's configured, you can't get much draft inside the pile in the initial stages.  A nice wood shed, OTOH, has all the framing laid out open to the interior air, a peaked roof, and not much in the way of stops or blocking. I used to use just a metal roof attached to some wood trusses I made on the radial arm saw, that were held off the ground by steel fence posts footed in cement.  Plenty of ventilation to dry the wood, and it still keeps off the bulk of the rain.

But hey, I've already been taken to task over bike brakes.  I don't want to get into another donnybrook. :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dottie said:

I have been out in person and checked them out. Solid materials and solidly built and I can customize it the way I want. But PRICEY. 

At this point I probably will buck up and buy a shed than go down a dark hole with my friend again. But I don't want anything mediocre after dumping that cash into the foundation.

Totally understand

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

$29.99 for a tarp.  You’re storing firewood not lawn equipment.  

Nah.  At this point I basically agreed with @Longjohn that really the only thing that makes sense is to put a shed on there.  But it'd be a waste of time, money, and putting up with you if I didn't store a few tons of pellets out there. And whether the next owner wants to burn pellet or not like I do, they can store whatever.  It'll definitely improve my resale value if it comes down to that.

But say, @Kzoo, that still leaves me with my wood problem.  Will you come over with @wilbur and maybe @Airehead and/or @smudge and help me build a wood shed the right way?  Thanks.  I'd ask @Page Turner but that guy gets stoned when he's away from his wife -- and I can't afford to take that chance.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I once remodeled and updated an entire two bedroom house in less calendar time than you've devoted to this project so far.

Yeah, well, I'm not a builder.  I also don't have a lot of free time.  I also am dependent on brilliant computer engineers originally from Cuba who thinks he is a civil engineer.  Plus you and Wilbur talk a big game but I don't see you out here doing any of the work. Just sayin'

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dottie said:

Nah.  At this point I basically agreed with @Longjohn that really the only thing that makes sense is to put a shed on there.  But it'd be a waste of time, money, and putting up with you if I didn't store a few tons of pellets out there. And whether the next owner wants to burn pellet or not like I do, they can store whatever.  It'll definitely improve my resale value if it comes down to that.

But say, @Kzoo, that still leaves me with my wood problem.  Will you come over with @wilbur and maybe @Airehead and/or @smudge and help me build a wood shed the right way?  Thanks.  I'd ask @Page Turner but that guy gets stoned when he's away from his wife -- and I can't afford to take that chance.

I'll help.  First you get some 6x6 for the corner posts.  Then............................

7 hours ago, Dottie said:

Yay! More building stuff! When do we start??!! 

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Dottie said:

But say, @Kzoo, that still leaves me with my wood problem.  Will you come over with @wilbur and maybe @Airehead and/or @smudge and help me build a wood shed the right way? 

I built mine last year.  16 x 20 "portable" shed.  The inspectors never stopped by and I didn't invite them.

Here is the best pic I have.  I don't have any completed pics.  The floor is 2x8 treated on 16 centers supported underneath at either 8 ft or 10.  The 20ft  perimeter joist is doubled.  Walls are 2x4 on 24 centers with T1-11 sheeting.  Gable roof from 2x4 trusses that I made.  Walls are grey, black shingles, white trim.

image.png.48f0508216b16c883bdaef2e5c250c84.png

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I built mine last year.  16 x 20 "portable" shed.  The inspectors never stopped by and I didn't invite them.

Here is the best pic I have.  I don't have any completed pics.  The floor is 2x8 treated on 16 centers supported underneath at either 8 ft or 10.  The 20ft  perimeter joist is doubled.  Walls are 2x4 on 24 centers with T1-11 sheeting.  Gable roof from 2x4 trusses that I made.  Walls are grey, black shingles, white trim.

image.png.48f0508216b16c883bdaef2e5c250c84.png

Awesome! Looks great  Maybe I should fly you out and put up your room and board. 

I stopped at a place selling sheds on the side of the road. They build them on site so I told them what I wanted. 10x10 is as large as I could go without a permit. If I needed a permit I would need to install a slit fence because I live close to a lake. I left a check taped to my front door and when I came home from work I had a shed. Had it over fifteen years. Which I really need to paint again. :unsure:

20190718_083748_resized_1[306].jpg

• Heart 1