Gotta Love Em!

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Cute little stinkers

I was waiting for the kids to jump/fall back off the curb.  That would really piss mama off.

I didn't realize skunks went out much during the day.  I never see them except when they are dead on the side of a road.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

We currently have just one skunk at the feeding table.  I think Harriet is too old to have another brood.  She gets along with almost everyone else and will eat side by side with racoons, possum, deer etc.

What are their daily habits? Are they feeding during the day or just at dusk or overnight?  Most of our critters seem to come out late in the day (near sunset) and I rarely see raccoons during the day.  Much of our wildlife seems to come out when it is dark.

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What are their daily habits? Are they feeding during the day or just at dusk or overnight?  Most of our critters seem to come out late in the day (near sunset) and I rarely see raccoons during the day.  Much of our wildlife seems to come out when it is dark.

Each specific group seems to have it's own time slot.  Some come more than once to dine both early and late.  They don't show up often in the daylight (sometimes though).  The fox come first, sometimes just minutes after womaxx sets the table.  Then comes one particular racoon and Harriet the skunk.  Sometimes a possum shows up with them.  Eventually the deer and the other racoons show.  Most are gone by dawn.  The daylight belongs to the squirrels and the birds and the Hawk, and Owl flys in twilight.

• Heart 2