Since we've been getting all bicycley

Further

Would like a gravel or cross style bike, but not willing to spend the money right now. So I've got 28mm tires coming for my 06 Roubaix Expert. It is a comfortable bike and I like it a lot, but it has low spoke count wheels, I think 20 spoke wheels. 

How do you think the wheels will hold up to rail trails and the occasional gravel road ?

Should be fine, but I agree with Chris, what do you weigh and how much do you push your gear? My Velocitys have 28 spokes and have lasted many years of gravel riding. My Stans have 32 spokes and I beat the crap out of those wheels. I had some 36 spoke Stans flows that were bomb proof. 

Go easy, ride with care and you will be fine. I am a bull in a China shop and push gear to the limit. 

8 hours ago, Further said:

Would like a gravel or cross style bike, but not willing to spend the money right now. So I've got 28mm tires coming for my 06 Roubaix Expert. It is a comfortable bike and I like it a lot, but it has low spoke count wheels, I think 20 spoke wheels. 

How do you think the wheels will hold up to rail trails and the occasional gravel road ?

What trail? I used to ride the Youghiogheny river trail from McKeesport/Boston to near Confluence on my 23 mm tyres and road wheelset without any problems.