Weekend plans as part of the US cooks in heat..it is July!

petitepedal

Tonight seeing Footloose at the outdoor Muny Theater in St. Louis. Getting on the road right after the show heading towards Cincinnati. Plan on driving about 80 miles before staying at a hotel.

Saturday finishing the drive and going to a niece's high school graduation party. She has a full ride to the University of Louisville for music. I'd try to set her up with P8's boy but she's a few years older and 6 foot tall.

Sunday watching the Cards-Reds day game. Made damn sure that the seats will be in the shade. Also deal the the BIL issues a little.

Monday drive back to the STL area.

Ride Saturday morning then we have the grandkids for the day. 

Sunday afternoon group ride if weather permits. Got a nice hilly route planned.

Yesterday was a day at the beach. Great when you are retired and can go on days other than the weekend.

Today is puttering around the yard and build a bike day. On blazing hot days like this, I like to go for a ride after dark when it cools off. If the weather forecast holds, the rain is supposed to be over by 9 pm, but I might just head out rain or not.

Saturday is going to be a hot one too, but I get to shuttle customers home and back in an air conditioned car as per my usual Saturday gig at the car dealership.

Might get in an evening ride then as well.

Sunday, have not planned that far ahead.

• Heart 1

Tonight - Going to see the bands downtown at the free concert

Tomorrow - Going to Lincoln to ZooFest. The Zoo Bar has an outdoor music fest every year. The Bottletops, James Harmann, Mavis Staples and a funk band I haven't heard and can't think of their name. Supposed to get a cool front around the 2nd to 3rd bands...

Sunday - My son lives in Lincoln. Has a bike ride planned for the 2 of us before we head back home to rest!

Driving halfway home tonight - staying in London OH and the rest of the way tomorrow. Thank goodness for air conditioning because I have to wear compression stockings when I  travel, and because of that, long pants.

No plans the rest of the weekend. Maybe a movie to get out of the heat tomorrow evening.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

My plan is not til mid...week...I will be getting together with @az_cyclist for a ride!!  Known for doing doubles and a bad ass in the heat....Me...I got 2 rides on me and 1.5 months of being a slacker on the injured/reserve team.....I hope he doesn't kill me :D

Lots of heat today...PT late afternoon.  Saturday looks hot and wet..but I think it is due to clear out come Sunday...nothing on my radar other than laundry and meal planning!!

Better bring a tow rope so he can pull you. I don’t think his bike goes slow enough to stay with you. I wish I was joining the two of you. Az-cyclist is someone I have wanted to meet for a long time.

• Haha 1

1/3 of my kids softball team is on vacation so I’m coming back out of retirement to play.  Maybe ride Sat & usual chores.

Stay cool for those of you under the dome.  We have our issues in coastal SoCal but weather ain’t one.  Lows in the high 60’s, highs in the mid 80’s...

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Driving halfway home tonight - staying in London OH and the rest of the way tomorrow. Thank goodness for air conditioning because I have to wear compression stockings when I  travel, and because of that, long pants.

No plans the rest of the weekend. Maybe a movie to get out of the heat tomorrow evening.

You can wear compression stockings with shorts. Consider it a fashion statement. What length stockings do you have to wear?

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You can wear compression stockings with shorts. Consider it a fashion statement. What length stockings do you have to wear?

They go right up to top of thigh.  They're black because the medical supply store didn't have enough flesh colored ones. 

I'll be sure to get a picture.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Where is the race? I'll be in Cincy tomorrow afternoon but have to be at a niece's party at 4 PM.

You won't be in his age group! He's like a Junior or U16 and you'd surely be Masters!  It would be cool to see you teach that young un a thing or two!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

They go right up to top of thigh.  They're black because the medical supply store didn't have enough flesh colored ones. 

That’s the kind I had to wear for my very close veins. I was working in the forge shop at the time, talk about hot.:runcirclsmiley:

the first ones I got were from a medical supply store and they were flesh tone. They looked like ladies nylons and cost $80 a pair. I ordered black ones online and liked them much better. Working on the press I couldn’t pull them back up as they worked their way down so I wore a hockey belt to hold them up.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

DON'T HURRY WINTER!!!!! That is CRUEL!

I think what’s funny is we don’t dread winter, summer and spring & fall are just as nice as winter & summer.... My wife used to say she misses the seasons but not anymore.

When your yearly average is 72 degrees there isn’t much to bitch at.  Except floods and drought, mud slides, wildfires & earthquakes?

Friends coming for dinner tonight.  Oh, and the replacement robot vacuum got delivered, so I'll set that up. It's going to be 100 tomorrow and Sunday, so I'll be in the driveway sanding more oxidation off the boat, then waxing it, then replace the bow light, add some interior lights, replace the engine cover struts.  It should cool down a bit in the evening, that's when I'll be in the air conditioned church then theater.  More work on the boat Sunday, getting ready for 2 weeks at the lake.  If the beets are ready, we'll pickle a couple dozen jars.  And I need to re-cable the wife's bike and swap out the derailluer and cassette on mine.  Other than that stuff, a pretty chill weekend.

The forecast here is for hot, hot, hot, and humid. Temps will be around 100 with heat indexes near 110. Working at the LBS Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Other than that, I will rest, drink water and other beverages. I may smoke a brisket early Sunday morning before I go in to work at 11.

Tonight we are going to Elkhart Lake for the race car stuff going on downtown. 

Saturday will be get all the race bike stuff ready for next weekend. That way Wo46 will be able to load things up with out me. 

Sunday morning I'm flying to Georgia to help my son get his race bike ready for Road America. On Wednesday we will be driving through the night to get home. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, BuffJim said:

That's a good thing.  All the cool kids are doing it.

image.png.ec305c1b67f5fc05fa1c1638a65fc7d4.png

• Heart 1

We expect hot days in July, but we're seeing the hottest weather in 7 years here in Baltimore. The TV weather is saying we're as hot as Death Valley - but we have much more humidity. Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thurs the highs in my neighborhood, usually a couple degrees cooler than nearby downtown Baltimore or Washington D.C, were 95F, 91F, 98F, 98F, and 94F - those are the actual temperatures, not the heat indexes.

The temperature now, around 4:30 pm Fri., is 99F (feels like 107F) in my neighborhood and the high for both Sat. and Sun. is expected to be 101F (feels like 111F).

The humidity is very high, even if it's "only" around 50% due to the very high temperatures. This morning, around 90F, it felt like walking through soup when going between a couple supermarkets and their parking lots when I got my shopping out of the way before the worst kicks-in.  The supermarkets were packed then.

We're supposed to get decent July weather with highs in the 80's to 90 for a week beginning Monday.image.png.ac8a5654521ba5ad6df699ff65fe4456.png

8 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

softball practice / pool party tonight.

G racing in Cincinnati tomorrow at 12:30 and NOTHING tomorrow night.

Sunday Em leaves for Regionals.   

Aren't you going with Emmy to regionals?

I have a blank slate as my guests cannot visit.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:10 PM, Airehead said:

Aren't you going with Emmy to regionals?

I have a blank slate as my guests cannot visit.

I am not. Part by necessity and part by choice. The team will be together riding up and I want her to be a part of that. A big part of this whole experience is getting to stay in hotels with the team and no mom and dad hanging around. We’ll go up Tuesday  before the first game.  

• Heart 2

On 7/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Further said:

Tomorrow I plan to ride my bike up hill for about 5 miles, turn around and coast back to the car.

Depending how I feel in the morning I may add 5 miles of fairly flat to both directions.

I don't plan as far as Sunday, so who knows... 

Well I rode the bike uphill for 10 miles, and I pedaled on the way back down. The fairly flat was steeper than I remembered.

I jog / walked 3 miles

I did not: mow the lawn, wash the cars, cleanup the storage room, or anything else productive

A man gotta have priorities.    :D