Am I the only one who thinks the ass-end of the new Corvette looks like the Camaro's?

2Far

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Civics come in all flavors.  The type R however is good for a midlife crisis.  306 hp is plenty and you can still get a child seat in the rear.

Just be aware that anything over 200hp can overwhelm the steering.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Civics come in all flavors.  The type R however is good for a midlife crisis.  306 hp is plenty and you can still get a child seat in the rear.

My Honda Civic has done nothing... Absolutely NOTHING to alleviate my mid-life crisis.  Wait, maybe it's a personal issue.  Am I too old for a mid-life crisis?

It's not a Type R and does not have 306 HP.

#pointAtopointB

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

I drove a new Camaro once.  ONCE.  That was one time to many.  Impossible to tell where the front of the car is, almost to the point of being dangerous.   

I drove a Camaro SS rental in Spokane last year. I didn't have any problems driving it, but I got tired of the seat belt jabbing me in the kidney every time I slid down into the seat. 

50 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

?

Mine has 320, it's all wheel drive.  It feels glued to the road at all times.

Front wheel drive, which that is, has limits. Over 200hp and the engine can easily overpower the steering.

2 minutes ago, late said:

Front wheel drive, which that is, has limits. Over 200hp and the engine can easily overpower the steering.

That's why they attach real drivers to the throttle pedal that's there to adjust the demand for power while cornering.  Of course there are fools who go out there a do a splat into something just because.

9 minutes ago, late said:

That's a pretty generalized statement.  Tires, center of gravity, suspension, weight distribution ..... have nothing to do with it.  Anything over 200 HP can overpower the steering.  I wonder if anyone with the last name Ferrari knows this?

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

That's a pretty generalized statement.  Tires, center of gravity, suspension, weight distribution ..... have nothing to do with it.  Anything over 200 HP can overpower the steering.  I wonder if anyone with the last name Ferrari knows this?

We're talking about cars like the Civic, not 4 wheel drive hypercars.

55 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That's why they attach brains to real drivers who's foot operates the throttle lever that modulates the power while cornering.

You do realise that doesn't refute what I said??

I think the insurance rates for hotheads and their cars tell a somewhat more interesting tale...

17 minutes ago, late said:

You do realise that doesn't refute what I said??

I think the insurance rates for hotheads and their cars tell a somewhat more interesting tale...

So which car do you think costs more to insure, the front wheel drive 2019 Honda Civic type R or the rear wheel drive 2019 Corvette?

Because the Civic Type R is to overpowered to steer one can assume that the insurance rates would be astronomical.  Well, here's the industry average for last year.

Honda Civic Civic LX  -  $109

Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe  -  $111

Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan  -  $112

Honda Civic EX  -  $112

Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe  -  $118

Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan  -  $121

Honda Civic Type R -  $134 - is the highest performance version of the Honda Civic made by Honda Motor Company of Japan!

I really would have expected a higher rate for a killer car but you might find that having a speeding ticket in your Civic 2 door coupe will cost you more than just driving a type R with a clean record.  One other factor in the R's insurance rate is the initial cost being higher than the others by almost a match to the ratio of sales price.

Who'd have thunk.

17 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Because the Civic Type R is to overpowered to steer one can assume that the insurance rates would be astronomical.  Well, here's the industry average for last year.

Honda Civic Civic LX  -  $109

Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe  -  $111

Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan  -  $112

Honda Civic EX  -  $112

Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe  -  $118

Honda Civic 4 Door Sedan  -  $121

Honda Civic Type R -  $134 - is the highest performance version of the Honda Civic made by Honda Motor Company of Japan!

I really would have expected a higher rate for a killer car but you might find that having a speeding ticket in your Civic 2 door coupe will cost you more than just driving a type R with a clean record.  One other factor in the R's insurance rate is the initial cost being higher than the others by almost a match to the ratio of sales price.

Who'd have thunk.

Some of the safety is offset by which cars are stolen more often. More to be made from body parts on vanilla cars than the rare ones.