Hot hot hot

petitepedal

As I replied in your Weekend Plans post, we've got 100 degree weather now and through Sunday, but Mon-Fri are forecast to be much nicer.  I need to do a lot of work to prepare to get my fence replaced and have been putting it off.  I need to get started next week.

12 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

How about you?

Left my work and my glasses fogged up. Got in car it said 95degrees..started driving and it dropped to 93..

Yucky..I love October

It’s in the 80’s where I work now but this is  where I live.  Ahhhh SoCal coastal living.  It ain’t cheap to live here but the weather sure is nice!

6D3E7FD1-1414-4B55-9B3E-9DE2C2D57495.png

• Envious 1

With the 110+ heat index today (probably 150 in the tractor and truck cabs), work was slow. I guess no one wants to do yard work in the high 70 dew points? :dontknow:

So I went into the office and asked if they were going to let us two guys working out in the yard go home early, and got a dirty look.

Her:  "Why, too hot for you?" 

Me:  "No I'm suffering from the shock of walking in here from the heat to the arctic cold," (So I walk over to the thermostat) "Really, you have it set at 72 degrees and you're giving me grief for saying its too hot outside?"

They let the other guy go home shortly afterwards when he stopped sweating and looked pale. I left at 2pm when the high temp light started flashing on the tractor's hydraulics. :angry:

• Sad 1

I was on a crane at 8 this morning, someone stuck a thermometer up there, it read 110 @8 in the morning. 

I was back up there @2 in the afternoon, didn't read the thermometer but spent a little over an hour working and was a bit wonky when I got down.

Most years, this time of the season the management is posting warnings about heat related issues and warning to stay hydrated in the heat. This year they are posting notices that if you have nothing else to do you are expected to clean your work area.  :scratchhead:

93 here yesterday but listed for 96 today and tomorrow.  The humidity will be high. The outside air temp was76 degf at 4 am this morning so we are starting high and going up quickly.  I won't ride today but that's more because it's the weekend and the trail gets crowded.  I was contemplating mowing at 9am.  I might put it off till Monday though.

11 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Kirby, how many days until fall?  Or Aug 10 when the daily high starts decreasing in my area. :)

65 days until the first day of Autumn!  21 days to August 10th