Have we talked harmonica lately?

donkpow

What I love about Hohner, other than the fact that they make a fine instrument, is that they have models that have remained unchanged for decades. The one I use most is this one  https://www.hohner.de/en/instruments/harmonicas/diatonic/ms-series/pro-harp Couldn't tell ya how long I've had it , but has to be upwards of 30 years.

I also have a Chromatic, which I have never been able to do justice with my limited talent.

Also have a 4 sided Tremolo that I have had for probably 50 years. Have not played it in a very long time though, as the combs are all dried out and yucky.

Truth is, even my most used harp only gets dug out once a year at the family campout.

• Heart 2

I've got a German made Hohner that belonged to my great, great grandfather. "Hammered reeds". The trademark suggests it was made prior to WWII. My great, great grand father died in 1946 which supports the date of manufacture. It still plays or rather makes noise in my hands. Key of G but other than that, I'd have to do some research on what type harmonica it is.

I volunteer at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. We have this little number on display in our harmonica collection. It the one Wally Schirra took with him on the Gemini 6 mission in December of 1965. It was the first musical instrument played in space. He played Jingle Bells. It's less than 2 inches long and is the smallest playable harmonica Hohner makes.

No photo description available.

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I volunteer at the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix. We have this little number on display in our harmonica collection. It the one Wally Schirra took with him on the Gemini 6 mission in December of 1965. It was the first musical instrument played in space. He played Jingle Bells. It's less than 2 inches long and is the smallest playable harmonica Hohner makes.

No photo description available.

And they still make it.  https://www.hohner.de/en/instruments/harmonicas/diatonic/miniatures/little-lady

• Heart 1