Cow bell

Gump

1 minute ago, Zackny said:

On this mornings ride I was grinding my way up State Street Hill (1.7 miles@10%). From behind me comes a car with two my bikes on back and a gal hanging out the window with a cow bell. Gotta love the hippy mt. Bikers?

I assume you were leading the climb, yes?  If so, cowbell was appropriate!

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I assume you were leading the climb, yes?  If so, cowbell was appropriate!

Being I was riding solo I was most certainly leading?

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zackny said:

On this mornings ride I was grinding my way up State Street Hill (1.7 miles@10%). From behind me comes a car with two my bikes on back and a gal hanging out the window with a cow bell. Gotta love the hippy mt. Bikers?

They like driving up the hill and coasting back down.

3 hours ago, Zackny said:

My very first long bicycle ride camping trip included going up Rt. 12 out of Utica.    ?‍♂️

A car passed blowing the horn, people hanging out the windows waving. We waved back.   :slow-dance-smiley:

A few hours later the same people came running out of a roadside bar, determined to buy us beers.

We let them   :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

15 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They like driving up the hill and coasting back down.

I guess afterward they walked back up the hill to get the car.

It kind of reminds of me of the annual Chesapeake Bay Bridge Runs, where you park in Sandy Point State Park and a bus drives you across the 4.4 mile long bridge so you can run 10K back to Sandy Point.  One year, one guy joked as the run began, "This is where civilization has brought us: going 10K from where we parked just so we can go back to where we parked."

• Heart 1