So friend shopping for N+xx

shootingstar

She lives in Toronto but owns 2nd place in our province.  So she wants to get a 3rd bike eventually to keep here whenever she visits. She is 4'11".  So only a few bikes in a whole story inventory to check up that we saw so far in 2 stores.

She might refurbish a bike #2 with a different type of handlebar and bring it over.

I so rarely visit bike shops with another good woman cycling friend.  I often go solo or dearie is around. So to me, it's fun.  This is not just a recreational rider.  She bike tours, she's given up her transit pass and is biking in Toronto shopping, etc. She's been car-free for last 35 yrs. and instead uses, carshare for occasional hauling of stuff.

• Heart 1

She could get closer to ideal geometry with 26 inch wheels. In her shoes, I'd go custom. Shorter tubes are stiffer. She could have Waterford make a Gunnar Sport and just lengthen the chainstays a millimeter or 2. The guys at Waterford would know how long.

I've had a Gunnar Sport for over a decade, it's a fantastic ride.

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Terry is worth looking at. 

She did consider this. But realized that it would be a bike she would only use when visiting her 2nd place. She was unwilling to leave behind her Bike Friday which is why she is trying to figure out what other type of bike, how much to spend or just refurbish a current lesser bike.

I'm 5'1" so know what challenges she has. 

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I had read somewhere that Terry stopped making bikes and a quick glance at the website shows apparel, saddles & accessories. No bikes...

She's probably retired from the riskiness of custom bikes for women.  The market is abit smaller but there is potential because there are more women now than 50 yrs. ago who can pay for it.