Crock pot dinner

Airehead

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Mr Aire wants a Corvair project car. I looked up the Yenko and durn are they pricey. 

Ps. The beef and broccoli in the crock pot is good

Here's a good project for him.  You put a bulkhead in behind the front seats and then install some huge big block GM engine in that space bolted to an Olds Toranado transmission for a mid engine rocket ship.    :lol:

This may require some frame work to keep the two halves of the car together.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Here's a good project for him.  You put a bulkhead in behind the front seats and then install some huge big block GM engine in that space bolted to an Olds Toranado transmission for a mid engine rocket ship.    :lol:

This may require some frame work to keep the two halves of the car together.

I went to trade school with a kid that had one of those, I think it had a 327 in it, not a big block, but it was fast & loud & hotter than hell to ride in.

The kid drove it from California to N.Y. and it was his daily ride.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

I went to trade school with a kid that had one of those, I think it had a 327 in it, not a big block, but it was fast & loud & hotter than hell to ride in.

The kid drove it from California to N.Y. and it was his daily ride.

That was the basis for many kit cars as well.  Aztec engineering once built a kit Aztek mid engine car with an aluminium 454 chevy race motor and the toronado trans.  It had CanAm style intake tubes sticking out of the engine bay above the roof and it hit over 200 at the DOT test track in Ohio.  I assume that it had too much rear wheel horsepower to steer.  :D

I can't find any pics from back in the 1970 era but it would be this car with a bunch of plumbing sticking up behind the rear window.  It seems that today anyone who can get the kit uses things like turbo Subaru WRX power.

1974 Volkswagen

It was a kit car originally designed for VW's or other chassis.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

Mr Aire wants a Corvair project car. I looked up the Yenko and durn are they pricey. 

Ps. The beef and broccoli in the crock pot is good

I'm sure this is true........but you know you were cheating.....right?

14 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I used to own a Morris Minor....it was dove grey with red leather seats and I loved it to bits.

I am so jealous--- they are such cool cars

14 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I'm sure this is true........but you know you were cheating.....right?

Not cheating, making priorities work.  It wasnt as good as a quick stir fry but it had depth of flavor and not overly cooked broccoli 

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I gotta say, I really enjoy those sort of semi-local car shows that are just some huge grass lot with all sorts of random cars scattered about.  Great stuff.

me too-- saw the new neighbor there.  He had a ford pickup stashed away in his barn.