Cycling in areas of curiosity

shootingstar

Every big city has an oldish or gentrified very expensive neighbourhood. Every big city.  And usually such areas have some older trees, a few older, retrofitted homes, better street landscaping either nice roads or...shittier road 'cause locals don't want other people wandering around.  

We've cycled through such areas to get from pt. A to pt. F.  Or we pass through by accident and slow down. Hey, wow. Really..? Usually we have no real idea of the pricing.  

No doubt we cycle pass enough homes in Vancouver ...where some  have some terrific views from their home..  http://www.clayton-carroll.com/VancouverWestSideHomesForSaleOver$10million.ubr/3197-point-grey-road-mls-reg-r2388715?order=listing_price%20DESC&mls_number=R2388715&action=filter&acronym=REBGV  

So when reading about the price tag of homes for Hollywood stars in California....um reaction from Vancouverite, especially certain homes with a fantastic view..  they should see what can be found north of them. 

I was shocked to hear someone at work, whose aunt renovates houses in Vancouver and then flips them for a profit.  Latest is $10 million on market near the U.S. border. (Not the one above.)

• Heart 1

This is the area where my wife and I live, work and play. We moved up here about 20 years ago and love it. Much of my job consists of delivering landscape supplies to many of the multi million dollar estates (weekend summer homes) and country clubs mentioned on the video below. The pic is from a delivery I did last week. 

20190531_103920_resized[314].jpg

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, team scooter said:

This is the area where my wife and I live, work and play. We moved up here about 20 years ago and love it. Much of my job consists of delivering landscape supplies to many of the multi million dollar estates (weekend summer homes) and country clubs mentioned on the video below. The pic is from a delivery I did last week. 

20190531_103920_resized[314].jpg

Lovely area. They had to use a British uppity accent voiceover for that video. :)

There are homes that get this view in present city where I am (in the prairies).  Not the high rises but behind me when I took this photo...are homes perched on a ridge.  I found out from our bylaw officers that they get calls from neighbours who complain about rowdy folks who....drink beer in the park overlooking the bridge..... and pee for fun over the ridge.  Now, that alone is not worth the hassle of living in full view.

bowriver.thumb.JPG.042fb20afea6d1974cfd006c5c3747a7.JPG

• Heart 2

Much of the land I rode over yesterday is owned by the Mellon's, The Bank of New York Mellon's. What you can see is beautiful but there are mansions back in the woods to take your breath away. A buddy was an electric meter reader for a summer job, he told me about one property that had 6 electric meters, including the gate house: no guard but you had to call the main house, 1/2 mile away and they would open the gate if they deemed you worthy.

Trespassing is frowned upon. Hidden cameras everywhere and private security.