What do you suppose Mike Brady was bringing in?

Randomguy

well, back then most families were one income families. Remember, the women's movement destroyed the American family and diluted wages for working people, so you can put the blame right on the doorsteps of those feminist bitches who couldn't be happy getting you and me a beer and shutting the fuck up.

but I digress...

that house in California was probably pretty spendy, but then they had all 6 kids sleeping in 2 rooms and fighting over 1 bathroom, so it sounds like a 3bdrm, 2 bath and a garage with a fended in yard. In the late 1960s, that was still probably a $75,000 home in Southern Caluifornia

Minimum wage was about a buck sevety-five, so Alica probably only cost them $80 a week

The cost of living was a lot less back then, so a household budget of $100 a week would have easily fed them all

My guess is that Mike Brady was pulling down around $75k a year in 1969, which was a lot of bread.

What did he actually do for a  living? Architect, wasn't it?

He could have been living off the insurance money that came in after he murdered his first wife.

He was an architect.  I thought of life insurance, which is most plausible, because he would be paying massive alimony if divorced, but tv people didn't get divorced back then.  Maybe Mrs. Brady offed her husband, too.  I still think it would be pretty lazy for Mrs. Brady to kick back and pop pills all day while Alice to all the heavy lifting.

Didn't the kids have chores, too?  It looks like a cushy lifestyle, maybe Carol and Alice were scissor-partners and Mike joined in occasionally.

now wasn't Alice the Brady boy's housekeeper/nanny and then when Mike B shacked up with Carol, they pretended to still need Alice so that she wouldn't feel useless?

I mean, I'm not sure its fair to assume that Carol was a pill popping scissor queen like your average California housewife in the late 60s. she may have taken on that role to help Alice deal with her identity crisis

now wasn't Alice the Brady boy's housekeeper/nanny and then when Mike B shacked up with Carol, they pretended to still need Alice so that she wouldn't feel useless?

I mean, I'm not sure its fair to assume that Carol was a pill popping scissor queen like your average California housewife in the late 60s. she may have taken on that role to help Alice deal with her identity crisis

Are you saying the Rolling Stones song "Mother's little Helper" was not about mrs. brady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGYSHy1jQs

no, I'm not saying that at all...I'm just saying that Alice was part of the Brady household before Mike got shacked up with Carol

I say "shacked up" because we all just "Assumed" they were married, They never actually had a wedding episode that I know of.

no, I'm not saying that at all...I'm just saying that Alice was part of the Brady household before Mike got shacked up with Carol

I say "shacked up" because we all just "Assumed" they were married, They never actually had a wedding episode that I know of.

I think they had the ceremony in the first episode or the pilot.  I think Tiger chased the cat through the wedding party.  I don't think the cat was seen again after that.

Okay, how did Mike afford all these cars?  And note, they are all drop top Dodges.  Pimps love Plymouths and Dodges. 

The Bradys all drove Chrylser Corporation vehicles (until the final season). Mike Brady drove a 1968 Dodge Polara convertible in the pilot; a 1969 Plymouth Fury III in years one and two; a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda convertible in year three; a 1972 Plymouth Barracuda convertible in year four (actually, a modified 1971 model), and a 1973 Chevrolet Caprice convertible in year five. Carol, on the other hand, drove only two vehicles: a 1970 Plymouth Satellite wagon, and a 1971 Plymouth Satellite wagon (which took the "bunch" on their infamous Grand Canyon trip). The vehicles were loaned to Paramount by the Chrysler Corporation for filming. Incidentally, the 1969 Plymouth Fury III convertible that "Mike Brady" drove was recently restored to showroom condition.