Family is loud

jsharr

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

...damn, my family is loud.

My family is famous for that.  When I arranged to meet, for the first time, a distant cousin-by-marriage named Cindy I had discovered via the Internet, in Juneau, Alaska during an Alaska Cruise one July, she took us to see all the local sites, including the Macaulay Salmon Hatchery which her father had created.

I asked all kinds of questions like what kind of tomato plants grew best for her and how much rain did they get.  My mother, also a family member by marriage, asked her, "Does the family up here talk as loud as the ones in Maryland and Pennsylvania?"

Cindy laughed and said yes, it's a family trait!

• Heart 2

Ummmm...I think culturally Chinese speaking people are loud. Just go to any Chinese restaurant full of Chinese language speakers.  Not quite like Japanese speaking folks except if they were all men.

So imagine Chinese and English languages thrown together all the time and growing up in house with 5 siblings.  

When I moved to another city for university, I found it super quiet in my apartment.  Then enjoyed it 2 wks. later.

One good thing, is that I do have a certain tolerance in open floor offices, if people have friendly conversations/discussions among themselves.

• Heart 1

I grew up in a family of 9, mostly girls and they are all freaking loud. Grandkids, mostly girls and also loud.   Holidays at my moms we’re frenetic and did I say loud?

My son is loud but we rarely see him, just see the remnants of his presence (dirty dishes & empty fridge...)

• Awesome 1

I once asked a friend if he had a great Christmas with his family.  He said as much as he loves having his family together, his favorite Christmas lights are his kids taillights heading down the driveway! I can relate. Love time together with them, but after a few days, I’m ready for quiet space again!

• Heart 1