More biking today?

Dirtyhip

39 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes please. 

What a great summer.

We got to see a forumite too. @Scrapr is one cool cat. We enjoyed a chat at camp. 

Biking in Bend is good. More of that today.

Glad to hear summer is going well for you.  We've been as hot as Death Valley for a week.  Today gets "only" to 93F and tomorrow, at 82F, I get to cut the grass: Golden Doodle Jake has a sore paw and I won't be taking him on 2.5 mile walks this week.

I'm supposed to wait until September to ride my bike to make sure my intermittent, brief, Vertigo-type lack of balance is definitely cleared, but I haven't felt off-balance in a month and even then it was very mild and once every few days for a couple seconds.  Apparently whatever was going on in my inner ear is over so I may cheat and ride it out-and-back this week for 1/2 - 1 hour rides on a very-straight part of the Baltimore and Annapolis Bike Trail where it passes through Glen Burnie, Maryland.

• Heart 2

So I ordered my baked ziti, missus ordered a 2 fer pasta, plan being that I'll have the 2nd pasta for lunch tomorrow, and two salads & a soup.

Get home and I have 2 huge tuna bake samiches. Missus calls and explained the screw up.

I'm hungry and eat 1/2 of 1 of the samiches. Back to the restaurant & pick up our order.  

So I have food for 1/2 the week anyway.

The samich was pretty damn good.

I felt bad for the girl that took the order, she was damn near in tears handing me the corrected order, I told her not to worry, everyone makes a mistake now and then, or so I've heard....

7 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Today is Military Monday, so we rode Military Rd in Arlington. It’s like a big roller coaster for bikes. 26 miles, almost 1200 feet climbed. Quad espresso post ride.

9C0593FE-00B0-4609-B2CD-3290FC10BCC3.png

I prefer the uphill part to be at the start of the ride, those look like the hills around here, short & brutal.

1 hour ago, Further said:

I prefer the uphill part to be at the start of the ride, those look like the hills around here, short & brutal.

I learned long ago that I don’t get a choice where the climbs are, how steep, or their distance. If you like to descend, you better like to climb; ain’t no free rides.

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, Dottie said:

Right. It's all encompassing. You seem to be confused. Last I checked, health care includes billing and insurance. That's a system. 

You only think that because like a sheep you’ve allowed the government to lead you down that path.

Doctors provide health care

Blue Cross provides health insurance.

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

You only think that because like a sheep you’ve allowed the government to lead you down that path.

Doctors provide health care

Blue Cross provides health insurance.

You once again miss the mark. Being married to someone in the medical field -- twice actually - doesn't qualify me to understand what is going on. From now on, I will just consult you.  It's laughable you just brought the government into this. There is still time to bring in work ethic and Jesus too.

14 minutes ago, Dottie said:

You once again miss the mark. Being married to someone in the medical field -- twice actually - doesn't qualify me to understand what is going on. From now on, I will just consult you.  It's laughable you just brought the government into this. There is still time to bring in work ethic and Jesus too.

I don't care how many people you have been married to.

At one time doctors and hospitals (and nurses) provided health care to individuals - they still do.

At one time insurance companies provided medical insurance to individuals - they still do.  At least for now thank goodness.

Insurance companies do not provide health care and doctors do not provide medical insurance.

Doctors didn't try to change the definition on health care.  They know what they do.  Insurance companies didn't try to change the definition of health care.  They know what they do.  I didn't try to change the definition and I don't think you or your wife(s) did.  If you think finding a source of payment for medical care or funding medical care is the same thing as medical care then you have been led down the path by someone other than the people that provide medical care and those that provide insurance for medical care.  I wonder who those people are and what their end-game is? 

P&R in 3... 2... 1...

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I don't care how many people you have been married to.

At one time doctors and hospitals (and nurses) provided health care to individuals - they still do.

At one time insurance companies provided medical insurance to individuals - they still do.  At least for now thank goodness.

Insurance companies do not provide health care and doctors do not provide medical insurance.

Doctors didn't try to change the definition on health care.  They know what they do.  Insurance companies didn't try to change the definition of health care.  They know what they do.  I didn't try to change the definition and I don't think you or your wife(s) did.  If you think finding a source of payment for medical care or funding medical care is the same thing as medical care then you have been led down the path by someone other than the people that provide medical care and those that provide insurance for medical care.  I wonder who those people are and what their end-game is? 

P&R in 3... 2... 1...

Not one word from me complaining about the medical practice.  My best friend is also a doctor.  In fact, the care they provide is excellent.  You seem to want to continue to make the argument that if I say the system sucks that somehow I'm saying the level of care the medical community provides sucks.  Kazie, the system sucks.  Deal with it.